1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Houston is a good fit for Andre Drummond

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Trade up and select Andre Drummond?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd so rather keep Drummond than flip him for Howard.

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Ha Ha

Any progress for our post players this season? I mean, any? Really?

3. stab

stab Member

Unless this trade helps up get Dwight, then faq no..

I'll bet that Leonard from Illinois will be a better pro than Drummond..

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I think with Drummond the expectations are too high. I know he is a lottery pick so the expectations are that he a franchise changer along the lines of a Yao Ming. However, if he ends up playing like Kendrick Perkins or Emeka Okafor it’s still a win. This is the biggest position of need for most teams in the NBA and if all you need to do is give up depth and assets you do not really need to get him you do so with no hesitation. Keep in mind that with Andre and Donatas Motiejunas we have real good size in the front court and DM is the scorer here. Houston is definitely the best team for Andre and this easily puts Houston in a position to land Dwight Howard or someone else. Drummond for the next few years will be as an asset to other teams in the NBA simply because he is a center so many teams will be willing to trade with Houston for him.

Side note via other post here it seems like Houston may be pursuing 2 top ten picks. If by divine intervention that somehow worked maybe not necessarily the popular opinion, but I would pick Meyers Leonard with the second pick. Now you have 2 of the top 3 big men in the draft the worst of it is you have depth at the 5 and tradable assets the best of is you increase your chances of potentially have a center for the future to build around, whether the center is Dwight Howard or not.

5. Mariachi ROCKET

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Because after 3 years of McHale's tutoring he could be a 21 year old beast.

(he's got to want it though)

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Barely any training camp and a condensed, abbreviated season that drastically reduced team practices.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Jordan Hill showed some post moves, Patterson was injured. I mean the lockout hurt us to with a shorten season.

9. Crank

Crank Member

Have him learn from Hakeem. Athleticism with that bulk is rare. Very raw though.

10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

My fear for Drummond...

is that we would draft him, have a press conference, then send him to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers.

I'm a Morey supporter but I'm beginning to question the wisdom of taking these young pros, telling them we are happy to have them on our team, and then sending them to the valley.

If we take Drummond I hope we put him on the floor with Marcus Morris. Let them get their feet wet and figure the pros out.

11. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

My fear for Drummond...

My fear for Drummond is that we would draft him, have a press conference, then send him to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers.

I'm a Morey supporter but I'm beginning to question the wisdom of taking these young pros, telling them we are happy to have them on our team, and then sending them to the valley.

If we take Drummond I hope we put him on the floor with Marcus Morris. Let them get their feet wet and figure the pros out.

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

YES!!

100% co-sign to that.

Screw Howard.

He doesn't wanna play here AND if you can get him, he aint staying.

You lose him once he jets, and you lost all that talent you gave up to get him.

Leaving you with.......NOTHING!

Cap space?

LMAO!

Really????

Waste of time and energy.

Just get Drum and Rivers or PJ3 let them grow into the All-star *some* think they will be.

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

They do it to give the player a chance to play and build his confidence instead of having them sit on the bench night after night losing confidence.

Sending them to the Valley is only temporary and they know that.

14. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I want Howard with drummond backing him.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

My only problem with Drummond is that he played like dirt **** in the NCAA Tournament. Other than that, he did look impressive in his Kings workout, but at the same time, the media said his other Draft workouts have been mixed reviews.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Some of you guys might think Drummond might be a bust like thabeet but I think he would be great for this team

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

At worst he is going to be somewhere in between DeAndre Jordan and Javale McGee. Mad physique and athletic abilities but inconsistant, low motor, low IQ.

But if he actually pans out well, I think in a couple of years he can be the 2nd best rookie from this class.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What about a trade in which Dwight goes to LA, Drummond and 16 and filler (Martin and Morris?) go to Orlando and Bynum goes here? At least Bynum will be much more likely to re-sign here and he's the second best center in the league.

We could have a lineup of
    Dragic
    Lee
    Parsons
    Scola/Ppat
    Bynum/Dmo/Camby

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Drummond or Dwight. Either one is worth taking a gamble on. If you fail then we're finally out of our mindnumbing rut of picking 14th every year. If you succeed then God bless. It's finally our time again.

Do it Daryl. Whatever it takes.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do we think we will be able to keep Howard here?