1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why hasn't TWill been sent to the D-League?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Feb 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Rockets don't want to endure any angry tweets.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He averaged a triple double the last time he was sent down to the D league by the Nets.

What does he have to prove? He knows he'll get his PT once the roster is trimmed at the deadline so I'm sure he's ok with the wait.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I agree he has nothing to prove. That's not the point. He's a second year player not getting any PT. My point is it appears to me that if we were really interested in developing him that we would send him down to get some playing time. Sure, he's gonna tear it up down there. At the very least, they could use his play to motivate some of the big boys to not dog it.

It appears to me that they are keeping him healthy in order to possibly trade him if the right deal comes along. Players on guaranteed rookie deals should be playing somewhere, either with the big club or down at dleague.

4. davids2004

davids2004 Member

Mark my words, he will not be traded.

5. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

Patience...his time will come.

6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Lol Houston fans love him and has yet to see him fly in the limited minutes he's had.

I don't think he'll be traded. He's an exciting player that fans will pay to come see.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Have you considered changing your moniker to "postbadlee"?

3 people like this.
  8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree - a guy who averaged a triple double in the D-league has nothing to gain from being there. Right now TWill is being saved to either be included in a trade before the deadline or to be our next rotation guy if we trade away someone else. At this point I think the stakes are too high that we risk him getting injured before the trade deadline. Maybe after the trade deadline if nothing happens you'll see him sent down to learn the system that he is apparently having a hard time grasping "on the fly"/in mid season here.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They have plans for him, probably after the deadline, and don't want to piss him off, so they are treating Williams with kid gloves. That's my opinion, anyway.

10. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Yea he did. Adelman has been stubborn to a fault. We aren't going anywhere, and yet he refuses to play the guy on our roster with more upside than anyone. How does that make sense? He's losing me fast. And I used to be a big RA supporter.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

T will is good... just need roster space... wait for a trade. It's a Morey decision likely. You really think the coaches make ALL the decisions? Welcome to the business world.

12. worzel gummidge

If he was so good why did the Nets offload him for a lottery protected pick?

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol maybe he's the next JT.

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

If Nets dont get Melo (which is the only reason they traded for a pick), then huge fail on their part.

15. htownwreckagee

why so serious?

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I miss Kirk Snyder.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

more important that he practices every chance he gets with the team than put up triple doubles in the D-league.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only a few more hours before our next best chance at a star is no longer a Rocket. :(

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, but it wouldn't fit the nature of my posts. ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

This is what I'm thinking.