1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why has Greg Smith been frozen out of the rotation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Red Alert!!! Someone knows lip-read......

2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Those shoulders! lol :eek:

3. Jedster

Jedster Member

Eyes rolling.
    You either heard it said or you didn't. Stop making things up and potentially creating a false controversy.

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Jedster again?
    I was clearly joking along with Yak, I figured anyone that wasn't an idiot would realize it. In the future, I'll add a big bold warning to every obvious sarcastic comment I make. :rolleyes:

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

Haha..yes. You can call me an idiot, but I can't catch your sarcasm cos there are just too many people who are out to disparage Lin every chance they can get.

You should be aware of that too.
    Fine, I'll put you on my mental 'likes to joke' list and just let everything you say slide.

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I get you Jedster and I apologize for the name calling :(
    Definitely keep in mind Im a Lin fan (from NY) and if I ever am overly critical of him, it's just me mocking those same people you talk about who take every mistake the kid makes and magnify it just to trash him.

7. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Hes been practicing to tie his shoes within 3 seconds. Coach says only then will he get some pt.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

His rotation d is terrible, but he can be effective on 1 on 1 d against player with limited post move such as dwight howard. I'm sure he will get some more chance to tie his whose next week

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

You ruined it...this could've been one big, Lin the bully thread.

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Aww auto correct didn't work..

11. trock

trock Member

Right? I was just starting to enjoy the thread. :(

I do miss seeing Smith out there. We're packed in the frountcourt.

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

LOL
    Sorry folks.

13. valorita

valorita Member

Smith put himself out of the rotation. He was fouling like crazy when he was in the floor, and that disrupts the flow of what we are trying to do as a team which is run off of makes and misses.
    Do not blame McHale or Morey.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

seriously? Cole has played more than him?

Aldrich

[​IMG]

Smith

[​IMG]

The only reason Aldrich played more in the Spurs game is because Smith had a quick 3 fouls vs. Duncan.

IMO, he didn't play Smith much yesterday because the Bucks play small, VERY small. Sure Udoh, Henson, and Sanders are "close" to 7 footers, but aren't traditional big men. I wouldn't worry bout Smith's playing time with games vs. Lakers and Celtics in the next 7 days.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Questionable sub patterns? McHale knows a lot more about basketball than you ever will. He Knows more about basketball than I ever will. McHale is pushing all the right buttons and has this team playing great ball. Clutchfans have questioned McHale all season about everything you can think of, but you can't argue with the success he's having. I wasn't thrilled when the Rockets hired McHale, but he has won me over. I think it's time for Clutchfans to stop thinking they know more about coaching an NBA team than a hall of famer like McHale, and just sit back and enjoy what McHale and the Rockets are doing this year.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

No worries, you will see him tonight against the Cavs' big guys.

17. jocar

jocar Member

thinking the same thing

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Asik cant hit the 3 either and so why Smith isnt playing the backup 5 instead of 6'9" Pat I dont know.

19. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The Blacksmith's statline for tonight

11 points on 5/5FG
    11 boards with 4 Offensive

In 26 minutes.

He went pretty bad from the charity stripe though 1/5 and was a fouling machine 5 personals. He needs to learn how to defend without giving away bad fouls but damn is this kid good.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Asik is light years ahead of Smith on D. He's also a better screener. Patterson is also a much better PnR defender,which is why he gets subed in at center when opponents are trying to PnR with a small center.