1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Durant may come to H-Town after all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 30, 2015.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Durant may resign with OKC after this season, but only if there's an opt out after one season. Why? Because he damn well knows that Westbrook is bolting the following season. No way he wants to be there without RW, and who could blame him.

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

You're all delusional (he doesn't even like Dwight!) and we don't need him.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

My roommate is a giant kd and Okc fan(his dad would throw parties for UT athletes and has met him several times) and made a bet that if he goes to Houston he'll buy us tickets for the opening night that season lol

I was able to meet him at a UT party when I was around 16. I wasn't really a big sports guy till a couple years ago, so I didn't really care, I just knew he balled for UT and just said what's up and gave each other dap.

KD was real cool though. He wasn't drinking or anything and my friend(who has met him past times before) was asking why he wasn't partying cause everyone was wasted. KD responded with "I'll have my time for fun soon" and just chilled in the back just laughing and joking around. He told us he doesn't really party much and spends most his time in his dorm room on the weekends cause he was just focused on ball and making his mom happy with college.

From my meeting him he seems like one of the most humble athletes out there. I don't think money or fame will have a big influence on his choice, such as LA or NY. I think we have a good chance with Ty and harden here.

It's Okc, Houston, or Washington

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree and anyone that says its any team other than those 3 is delusional.

Go home to DC

Stay with Russ in okc

Team up with his good friends Harden and Lawson

It's prob 50% OKC 30% Hou and 20% DC

I'm not getting the DC vibe like others mainly because their teams are not better than okc or Hou. okc and us have top 6 players to team up with Kd the wiz do not. Ty Lawson and ibaka are also better than beal not to mention we got this big guy rolling the paint named dwight Howard.

DC still hasn't cracked 50 wins in the east cmon that's not a viable option for a guy looking for his first ring. Now if he had a few like lebron did the I could see it maybe but not now with Kd being ring less.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Couldn't we give them a second round so we can get the 30 million dollar te?

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Just cause he said some stuff to Dwight during a game doesn't mean he doesn't like him. And why are we delusional? You realize if he comes here there will be documentaries about this team. We'd win multiple championships with a young young core (Harden and Durant are 25 and 26) oh and for you video game freaks we'd definitely be a historical team featured on 2ktwentysomething

So, no. We're not delusional. This is an actual possibility. The only delusional person would be KD for not coming here unless he's chasing money instead of titles.

7. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Lawson (Top 10 PG in NBA)
    Harden (Best SG in NBA)
    Durant (Top 10 SF all time, 2nd best in league. maybe first next year depending if LeBron falls off)
    DMo (emerging as a very good PF)
    Howard (top 10 C of all time, top 3 in league)

how is this a delusional dream? Once again, KD would be the delusional one.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I know right? Who needs an MVP type a player on a team they're overrated

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's Kevin Durant's life. He doesn't have to come to Houston if he doesn't want to. Any team he plays on is a contender. Don't act like the Rockets are entitled to Kevin Durant. I doubt even most rational Thunder fans feel entitled to Kevin Durant. He can do whatever he wants because it's his life, his choice, and most importantly his happiness.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Yes because replace Melo with KD on the Knicks and they're a contender. You're making yourself look silly young grasshopper.

11. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Oh and when did I say we were entitled? I said it'd be a supernovateam

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

What would the bench be?

I think I read an article, explaining why KD to Houston is very possible if we decline a qualifying option to Jones/DMo, trade Ariza for cap space and waive Lawson. Without doing any of that, we will only have under 13 million or so in cap space, but if we do those three things we can create around 30 million which would allow us to sign KD to a max contract.

But that is before account that we would need to sign DMo to a new contract, a possible increase in salary for Dwight (hope he takes less) and losing Lawson. Bottom line, getting KD is going to be very messy and could totally ruin our depth, especially if we try to bring Lawson and Dmo back to new contracts.

For a chance to unite Lawson, Harden, KD and Dwight together on one team, it would be very worth it though. Would probably have to give up Ariza, Dekker, McDaniels, Brewer and Jones, though.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dunno how much basketball you've watched .... But Dwight has a lot of work to do to get anywhere near the top 10 all all time centers.

He cant be mentioned with guys like Bill Russell , Wilt , Kareem , Hakeem , Shaq , Moses Malone , David Robinson , Patrick Ewing , Bill Walton , Willis Reed , Nate Thurmond , George Mikan , Bob Lanier , Wes Unsled , Bob McAdoo , Robert Parish .... or even Yao.

Of that list , none of them affected the game greater than George Mikan .... It's because of him we have goaltending and the 24 second shot clock , basically modern basketball as we know it.

Dwight might not be in the top 20 .... much less the top 10.

14. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Bit of a knee jerk on my end. I was in the moment man let me have it

15. Ns575

Ns575 Member

But in my defense there is a ton of lists out there that has Dwight at #9/#10

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're not wrong in anything you said. But stat wise by the time Dwight is done he will be top 10 all time. If he wins a ring or two he will surely be considered to be In that group then.

17. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

The bench wouldn't be that bad actually as long as our young guys develop.

[​IMG]

Lawson, Harden, Durant, Dmo, Dwight with Capela, K.J., Harrell, and Dekker coming off the bench.

18. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Thanks fam

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nobody is going to agree to help the Rockets out.

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Jose Calderon
    Arron Afflalo
    Kevin Durant
    Porz
    R. Lopez

You're making it sound like they didn't make off season moves, old man.

Makes its to the ECF pretty easily because of KD. Calderon, Ellis, Carter, Dirk, Chandler made the 8th seed in the west about a season ago.

Also, you missed my point. Durant CAN form a super team, but he will do whatever makes him happy. If he stays in Oklahoma because he's happy that does not make him delusional lol. If he goes to the Wizards because he wants to go home and be happy then he's not delusional. He can win titles with either or those teams.

Forming an all time great team isn't the ultimate goal for everyone. Some people have have pride and want to beat their peers.