1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't we run any plays?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Apr 21, 2013.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

You are just speculating and pulling **** out of your ass. How do you know Morey is manipulating Mchale? How do you know Mchale is a yes man to Morey? Morey has said time and time again he doesnt tell Mchale who to play or how to play. He does show him data and stats but that is just for Mchales benefit. He has clearly stated that Mchale makes all of the coaching decisions without any interference.

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zC_lwFFDDYo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ugTH91GmLTs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This play is amazingly effective!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S750a_7y774?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess the rockets do run quite a few plays and motion, I just have no idea where it went for the last few games :(

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lA8pwW58zUU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If we're gonna iso can we atleast do it with Harden on the elbow so he doesn't have to dribble so much.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZCB_J8JQwRk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was a play I liked a lot early in the season, we frequently got layups out of it until defense's adjusted with the forward sagging but that would leave Patterson open, I guess we can't run that play anymore cause we don't have a 4 who can shoot that shot.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dwhaW2nVVcg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do miss this though, that first play was AMAZING.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Harden likes to ISO on the top of the key. I don't think he likes to play on the elbow like Melo

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

We don't have the personnel to run many plays.

- No post presence

- No shooter who can come off screens (Delfino is a standstill shooter)

Hell we don't even have a point guard since Harden is our best playmaker

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

McHale has stated in numerous interviews (the one I'm currently thinking about is the one he did on the LeBatard show a few weeks ago) and he said often Morey puts piles of paperwork and stats on his desk, he looks over a few things and then leaves them for a few weeks on his desk to humor Morey and then throws them away.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

That sounds like something an old school guy like Mchale would do. He doesnt really have an appreciation for Morey's advanced stats and graph charts.

8. titanfan

titanfan Member

AMEN BRO Morey the genius needs to dump this MORON

1 person likes this.
  9. titanfan

titanfan Member

somebody needs to run some interference cuz his coachin abilities suck

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

^^^^ Makes more sense that anything else I'm reading.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

The limitations of our play calling is due to the limitations of our personnel.

We have one player that is good at everything (Harden), surrounded by guys that are only good at one or two things. Once they take away our players' primary skillsets, we don't have a go-to option other than to rely on Harden. Once the other team has our other players in check, they double him.

The simple truth is we need another playmaker....someone to take the load off of Harden. Lin is not that guy, and neither is Parsons or Asik. The mystery 2nd piece is either one of our rookie PFs (most likely DMo or TRob) or is not currently on this team.

12. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

We went through a whole off-season and 82 games. So you telling me we didn't learn ***** besides iso

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

If that is a true quote from Parsons, I am puzzled, because I see them running what appears to be plays or at least responses to what the defense is giving them at the time. Read and react?

14. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

So if we have plays, why does are shooting guard automatically go into iso and break the play.

I like the wheel and corner. a cool combo would be wheel into corner

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

If we had Kevin Martin instead of James Harden, trust me, we would be running a lot more "set" plays.

Harden doesn't need "set" plays to score.

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Just wondering, when did Parsons say we don't have any set plays? I tried googling but all the results were from CF.