1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't Rockets players trust the Rockets organization?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Feb 6, 2011.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I know people are blaming AB for his behavior, just like people blamed Tmac this time last season.

I think the nature of their behavior is that they don't trust the rockets organization. Last season, they didn't let Tmac play and finally they gave him 6 minutes per game. They said Tmac was not ready, but Tmac thought they wanted to collect insurance money or/and just didn't want to play him.

Similarly, this season is AB's contract year, the rockets organization didn't extend his contract, and AB lost his starting job because of his injury. If you were AB, what would you think about this? Don't rockets organization have an intention to low his new contract value? That is what Morey and rockets always do!

In another thread, someone mentioned that Tony Parker didn't do the thing like AB. But, you need know that the spurs organization extended his contract. In fact, they not only extended his contract, but Manu's contract. Although Pop let Parker and Manu come off the bench sometimes, they treat them fairly!

I can say this, AB is not the last rockets player to do the thing like this. The rockets organization has lost their players' trust.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's not always the Rockets

I remember couple of years ago, Raptors had TJ Ford as Starting PG, then he get back spasms so Calderon replaced him as the starter. TJ Ford was b****ing too.

Then last year, Calderon got injured, so they replaced him with Jarret Jack and Calderon was b****ing during an interview

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brooks losing his starting job is the coach's decision. And Adelman has been AB's biggest supporter, hasn't he?

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets didn't give AB's new contract is the coach's decision?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, what I wrote is that him losing his starting job is the coach's decision.

6. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Do you see Battier whining? He wants a contract, but he is not whining. You play your best.. then worry about contract.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

AB gets paid 2 million dollars to play basketball. He refused to play basketball last night and he got suspended.

I don't see how you can defend a player for being so childish and hurtful towards his team. If he wants his money then he'll earn it with good smart team first play.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Brooks isn't McGrady. I'll repeat that just in case anyone's confused after your post... AB ain't Tracy. AB didn't lose his starting job because he was injured. He lost it because Lowry played well while Brooks was out, and out played him after he came back. Yes, Kyle played better than AB post-injury. Most players step up their games during a contract year. In fact, they often play "over their heads," leaving some GM to give them a contract larger than they deserve. Not only did Brooks not step up his game, he regressed. He pouted and it pains me to say it. That's something my kids did when they were young and didn't get their way. Aaron is a grown man being paid millions to do what he'd be doing for fun, were he not good enough to play at this level. If there's any drama, it's of AB's making, not the organization, in my opinion, and I like the guy.

2 people like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Why don't the players trust the organization?! Do you, I don't? Do you realize how long it has been since the championship years? In sixteen years they have made it past the first round ONCE. I can't remember how many times we have missed the playoffs all together, but it is about to be two years running. I have some degree of confidence in Morey, but that is fading.

1 person likes this.
  10. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

This is free market. Best players survive no matter what.

Mac was never ready to be back on the floor. And Rockets did match offers for Lowry and Scola.. gave them good extention. This franchise has been backing Yao even after all the injuries.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

there is a lack of trust because the team is sucking.

TMac was definitely like this.

AB's situation isn't even clear at this moment. let's wait until we hear something back, shall we?

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Rockets didn't extend Scola or Lowry. Did that affect their play?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lowry and Scola didn't get a contract extension last season. Battier didn't get a contract extension, nor didn Adelman or the rest of the coaching staff.

How come Brooks is struggling as his contract expires?

14. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

It's simple. No organization would like to let a good player go away. If he plays good, there is no way he won't get extension. If he does stupid mistakes just to show he needs be given contract, there is no way he will get any.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Sample size of two and the argument is using not the most mental strong players either. Morey has a set policy and takes care of his guys when time comes.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

AB has never been suspended before. On the day of the Super Bowl, AB gets suspended, before a team flight to Denver. hmmmm...

He isn't the first guard to ditch the Rockets for the Super Bowl.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Aaron Brooks =/= Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili

If Aaron Brooks was on the same level as either of them, I could see the Rockets giving him a contract extension. But that just isn't the case.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey would still uphold that no negotiating an extension policy before the season is up if he had a true superstar that was about to become a free agent. (and please don't mention Ron Artest as an example)

19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Superstars are hard to get, you don't wanna lose them at any cost.

I don't mind Morey waiting till trade deadline before giving extension. Expiring contracts are important for trades. Battier will get his before end of season unless he gets traded. Same with Brooks, if he does not get traded and starts playing better.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

WHo has morey taken care of? He matched landry and lowry, and he had to pay scola.

I think it is the exact opposite.