1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why does the home crowd seem so flat this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 3, 2018.

1. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

BROWNS still filled up their stadium and they didnt even win a game last year...

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

True

3. jb86

jb86 Member

Half the city roots for other teams. We have band wagon fans. Our fans are not ride or die fans like everywhere else.

4. Cooked Em

Cooked Em Member

The fans have always been mediocre at best. Toyota Center has always been home court advantage for the visiting team.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Every major city had that same issue but they still can have ruckus home NBA games.

Every major city has traffic issues also. I've lived in Boston area for the past 4 years. They have just as bad if not worse traffic. They also have die hard fans for other sports but the Garden is still ruckus and lively. And it's smack dap in the middle of Boston where finding parking is near impossible and you pretty much have to use public transit to get to the games. They have far more obstacles than Houston fans do.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A bunch of us were going nuts in the lower bowl. Our crowds may not be great, but that doesn't make it an excuse for Rockets to play like ass. It's not as if it was quiet all the time or something. I get that y'all want to find excuses, but the crowd isn't the reason for the Rockets sleepwalking in the beginning of the game.

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

True...but even when the rockets took that 77 - 72 the crowd seemed kind of quiet.

I would figure there would be more energy in the building after coming back from 19 down and taking the lead.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. i was at the game and during the comeback i wasn't complaining about it being quiet

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Could it be how they've screwed with flash seats?

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Do you think it's possible that our fans haven't forgiven Harden for quitting last year and they're being cautious fans? Shrug.

BruceAndre likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Free beer giveaway, everybody wins.

jb86 likes this.
  12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

To be honest, just take the people who buy 400's tickets and move them down. The upper bowl is always loud. It's those at the bottom whom are always on that quiet nature.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

No, people that don't keep up with baseball, only care for it the first couple of weeks into the season.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The crowd wasn't as loud as it's been during several of the regular season home games I saw on TV here in Austin. That's weird. I don't doubt that there were fans yelling their hearts out, but not nearly as many as there should have been. Not for the playoffs in the second round, or any round, in my opinion. Yes, the Rockets came out flat and ultimately managed to loose the game, but so what? It's our team. If ever there was a time to support the team and try to give them some energy, this is it. You won't see a crowd like that in Salt Lake. Of course, it's the only game in town, but so what?

Richie_Rich and adw like this.
  15. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Texans are always sold out, no matter what

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Get Charles Barkely in there at half time and punch him, Could get the crowd going. LoL.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Being at TC and watching on TV always feel different. The club section normally is less noisy, but the baseline and upper bowls have really good fans. I do miss Compaq Center (Summit) days, where people were always standing and loud.

Not sure what happened over the years. Maybe it was the in-between years of Dream until Harden. I don't know, but it's a bit embarrassing. I'd like to see a louder atmosphere and I certainly wonder how that plays in to recruiting talent compared to teams like GSW, NYK, Celtics, Philly, OKC and others.

If we make the finals, no doubt in my mind the tune will change in H-Town.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure what this even means

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

$100 dollar upper deck behind the basket tickets.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And yet, the Rockets still had more people buy tickets for their regular season games than the Browns did.