1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does JVG give so much credit to JBB for this season's "stability" after the McHale debacle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 7, 2016.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this.

Coaches are a tight knit group.

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

So you rather:

"How do you think of JBB?"
    JVG: "He simply sucks, didn't do a good job at all. He will certainly be replaced this offseason".
    "Who do you think is a good head coach candidate for the Rockets?"
    JVG: "Me"

[​IMG]

By not criticizing the coaches, he will always look like a class act if he takes over a coach's job.

3. jdjd

jdjd Member

Khloe is that you?

1 person likes this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This. Back in 2014 right after the Rockets were eliminated by Lillard's 3-pointer and they immediately picked up McHale's 4th year option, JVG praised the team on one of the playoff broadcasts for not overreacting and instead bringing him back. I vehemently disagreed with him at the time(and we all know how that turned out), but it's who JVG is. He doesn't throw his fellow coaches under the bus.

5. alethios

alethios Member

JVG may want to keep him as an assistant coach.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

None asked JVG to say bad things about any coach, just keep quite for the coach job evaluation, that is not required for his analysis, making a false statement will results in a loss of your credit.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Or JVG does not want to have this job, but can not refuse to do so.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

JVG is a Rockets homer, doesn't matter if its players or coached, he'll defend us on tv unless we're making idiot mistakes.

9. dream2franchise

I feel like JVG has an 'in' on the coaching gig already. He is constantly talking up Harden on TV. Like...too much. But I guess out of work coaches are always going to speak highly of superstars in case that job offer comes.

Tel you now though, we get JVG you better have Brewer as far away from this team as possible because Gundy will give him 35 minutes per game. See: Bowen, Ryan.

10. avn81

avn81 Member

JVG never criticizes coaches, he only praises them.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There are two coaches JVG has criticized: himself and Big Chief Triangle.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't think JVG pays attention to the Rockets games much and is no longer a homer.

13. malakas

malakas Member

JVG would say good things about Mitchell, Scott and Rambis. He also spews a lot of misinformation and bull**** on players every time he does commentary and it's clear he doesnt' follow much all teams. He will often call a horrible defender a good one and vice versa. I have to tune him out.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. I think deep down JVG despise Phil the slimy weasel.

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Ugh the commendations again from JVG this game about JBB made me throw up in my mouth. Weird lineups. JBB still does not "get it".