1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you dislike Obama?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Jul 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Radical Roc Paint > Benevolent bend over b****!

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Guys... the American public is so close to being pushed towards violence and indiscriminate killings of cops that a President saying "that could be my son" leads to cop killings...

Jesus, the logical reasoning that is expressed here is absurdly laughable.

3. fchowd0311

stick it to those needy black people!

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That was simply the first step, and it resulted in similar inflammatory comments that resulted in escalating the Ferguson and Eric Garner incidents, in particular. Obama's comments were premature, in the sense that the facts hadn't yet come out. Violent protests that resulted in a hateful increase in division and the BLM movement.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My work is done!

6. fchowd0311

Give me those divisive quotes. Post them and then we can actually have a discussion based on OBJECTIVE evidence rather than your vague platitudes.

7. sew

sew Member

I'm confused.

Are you trolling or are you legitimately racist?

8. fchowd0311

At this point? Maybe a little of both.

9. bigtexxx

1 person likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

I'm trying to find your 'pwnage' quote but cant find it. In all his quotes in that article of Obama, he simply is stating what many black individuals believe. So a president acknowledging that there are black communities that still feel as if they are being unfairly treated makes him a 'race baiter'?

Just merely acknowledging their sentiments is 'race bating'. Dear lord...

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I don't recall the exact quote or where I read it, but Bill Clinton's critique of Obama, FWIW, was something like he would rather get things right than get things done.

I watch the accelerating rise of extremism around the world with a ton of concern. History has shown that the blind and ignorant mob will not be manipulated by the elite forever. So question for you, if you're truly someone with appreciable assets like you claim on these boards--what makes you think the ignorant mob eating up these rhetorics won't come for YOU? Arrogance or hubris?

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He's nothing to me, as most of politics are. Neither like nor dislike.

I will say that I think he should keep his opinion of viral stories to himself. He's selective in what he comments on, and there's been a clear trend to the qualifiers. I don't think he necessarily fans the flames, but he's better off ignoring them. He silences himself on other stories which are just as viral, and it's a bad look when he comments on some but ignores others.

13. fchowd0311

I just want to point out the very uncanny coincidence that the first black president JUST happens to be one of the most 'divisive' presidents ever according to conservatives. Past experiences of conservatives suggests to look into this 'coincidence' further.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I dislike aspects of his foreign policy. An example? Declaring that the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime was a "red line" that they must not cross. The obvious implication being that there would be a violent response from the United States if the Syrian government used chemical weapons. They used them and the President did nothing. In my humble opinion, when he didn't follow through on a direct threat, Putin's ears perked up, he licked his lips, and then started plotting acts that he would not have dared to attempt if he felt the United States would respond.

15. bigtexxx

What lazy thinking from you.

Recall the democrats' comments about George W Bush? Or were you still in junior high and not paying attention then?

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

Every side whines about the other side whining.

http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

Yea... sure. The deficit has gone down, but previous years deficits were high, much higher than Bushes.

Of course there are reasons the deficits are high, which would happen no matter what president is in office; they would most likely make similar decisions. But this is cherry picking, and you know it. And there was no reason to be snarky about it.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vcZ9ku_wInw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you speak a little clearer . . . i am not sure I heard you correctly

Rocket River
    D*mn bell.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Edit: Double post.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah when a president massively increase the deficit for several years then slowly bring it back near what it was before he took office.....I'm not sure credit can be taken for that. At some point, responsible politicians are going to have to take the helm in order to fix what has been done.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember this, and that's why deep down I can't give you guys **** for hating Obama despite me being really happy with his presidency. It's all just partisan politics.