1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

why do we need players from Asia ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aaaccchhhooo, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Oh come on, he is doing a great job dispelling a stereotype. For those posters who only see Asians in TV they can see just like any other group they all are not educated, smart, thoughtful, etc, in fact some even seem leading candidates for the next Darwin awards.

#21 Desert Scar, Dec 7, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2002
  2. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

ALL of YOU are brainwashed by the COMMUNISTS..ha ha ha

PANDA:

quote: "That's a stupid comment. Chinese have the rights to enjoy good things in lives. You sound like a communist who tries to deprive those rights from them."
    ~~enjoy good things in lives back to their homeland, this land is for the free~~

NAPSTER:

quote:".2 of that 6%? I can assure you that even in America, there is a much greater percentage, especially among asian youth, that have a genuine interest in basketball.

Oh and don't forget all those asians...in Asia."
    ~~i AM talking about in AMerica..stupid..asians in asia DON'T care about basketball...and i know what i am talking about because i lived in asia AND the U.S. ~~

Invisible Fan"

quote:"You are one stupid Asian guy.

Basketball is not for Asians? Oh...just not for the Asians living in Asia. NBA is reserved for Americans and not foreigners? Look in the ****ing mirror moron."
    ~~i'm NOT a foreigners..idiot..i'm an american citizens..before you call someone something..first..THINK~~

TIGEREYE:

quote:"Why does the NBA need to asian players think about it dude the NBA cut a contract with Chinese TV to broadcast some of Yao's games

It is estimated that of all the games that have been broadcasted there, they have an average of 8.5 million households watching watching games. the U.S. has anaverage of only 2.5 million housholds watching. this was quoted in some article I saw in sportsbusinessnews.com

Now does the NBA need asians, I think the facts tell the story!!!!"
    ~~yeah..so?..does the NBA makes money just because 8.5 million people watching it?..~~

YM11:

quote:"you know nothing and you talk about it since you are born here.
    sure the soccer is hot in asia and especial in china but basketball
    has more population. do talk what you know"
    ~~you got proof?..the international sports is SOCCER~~

DN1282:

quote:"What difference does it make? The NBA wants to uphold its claim as the best league in the world, with the best players. So, if a player is talented, it would only naturally make sense for the NBA to go after him. Whether he's white, black, asian or Latino, whatever...only his talent matters.

That's like saying, soccer should be reserved for the brazillians only, because brazil produces the most skilled and talented soccer players.

You are an idiot. Enough said."
    ~~yes..they can be black, white, asian or latino..but why can't it be form the UNITED STATES?~~

YAO1134:

quote:"
    ive got 2 words 4 u

YAO MING !! "
    ~~he's 7'5''..and he's always be falling down the court..need to eat more hamburgers instead of white rice and fish..~~

jeremyang2002:

quote:"never tell people you are a Asian,never"
    ~~can't..cuz the first thing people look at you is your skin color..~~

SUN12:

quote:"It seems that many people with Vietnam origin hate people from China for whatever reasons. There is a professor in Columbia University. He is of vietnam origin. He bashed YM so much when the Rox picked YM. He cursed Rox's management in front of the whole class. Now he just shuts up."
    ~~people from chinese origin hate vietnamese too...and we were suppose to be the same people from the land what is now called China..how sad...look at how hong kong peoples treated the vietnamese refugees during 1975, only taiwanese chinese are humanitarian people~~

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

vietnam has a long history of being invaded by china...thats part of the reason why they hate china

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Insanity is wasted on the Insane.

5. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

Thank you for being a Vietnamese. Now I am much relieved. Thanks again.

Shrimpie

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I feel left out. You didn't make fun of me.:confused:

7. AMS_blackwidow

me neither :mad:

8. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Of course, you dumb ass. You might as well be as stupid as the jackass that barkley kissed. Ever heard of commercials? The more people you got watching, the more money the TV stations can charge companies to show commericals, the more money the NBA makes. Why do you think it costs like $1 million for like a 30 seconds commercial during the superbowl? FOB.

Now I know you MUST be a FOB. Only fobs would think like that. How can you live in America and talk like this. You're wack :rolleyes:

You're vietnamese? I'm glad all the vietnamese people I know don't think like a commie like you.

#28 dn1282, Dec 7, 2002
  9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so that's the true reason why you think NBA is not for Chinese??
    how absurd! why didn't you just say it in the first place so that the thread could be closed!

by the way, last time I checked, Vietnam is run by commu government too.

#29 Jonhty, Dec 7, 2002
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wonder if you're some non-Asian troll ****ing around with us...

Just look at Amercian history. If people then thought like you and made dumbass assumptions, America would've turned back the boats your parents might've been on. You're an American? Lucky you. Your parents weren't for a LONG LONG TIME. Get that into your thick skull you elitist jackass.

11. napster

napster Member

achoo: You know what you're talking about? Well so do I. I've done both, and you're quite simply wrong. Get over it.

12. napster

napster Member

" Now I know you MUST be a FOB. Only fobs would think like that. How can you live in America and talk like this. You're wack "

I disagree here. Race relations in America are very strained. Just look around. There's a difference between overcoming racial obstacles and ignoring them.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Some Viets don't like China as China helped Viet congs in the Vietnam war, and we also fought a war some 20 years ago over political/territorial issues.

None of what er..aaaccchoooo said holds water, but I don't wanna waste time on dumb and dumber.

14. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

why do we need players from asia? why not? asians are smart just remember that......

15. w00kie

w00kie Member

my god....are u friggin nuts?

u sure sound like one...

because its for the good of the game

did u pull those figures out of your ass?

and your family is suppose to rep. the entire asian race?

16. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I know enough as a white guy hearing asian people talk about the vietnamese, Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, they view the vietnamese people as filthy, unlcean... So, not that I don't show any love for vietnam, I hear its pretty, but, 2 billion people can't be wrong, theirs just not enough arm wrestling participants on our side :)

APOCALYPSE YAO
    :cool: