1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do the advanced stats like Terrence Jones more than D-Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 12, 2015.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't know man. I don't deal in hypotheticals of that like.

We'll see what happens during the season. But just analyzing what happened with Jones at the end of the season with his benching and how lost he looked, I would definitely expect Motiejunas to start.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's absolutely adorable how much you think you know exactly what goes on in McHale's mind. You stating your opinion as to what the coach thinks as if it's fact never gets old.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Dude is a dunce and just likes taking positions opposite of mine, no matter how far removed from reality they are, because I've embarrassed him too many times over the years.

Don't waste your time. He'll keep presenting his whacky assumptions as fact.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

uh, no. This is what I said.

Or you could say Jones is the starter because McHale thinks he should be.

Think about it: McHale is probably the best coach in the NBA for DMo to progress under. DMo's game is largely patterned after McHale's.

Until Coach starts DMo over Jones, you will never be able to convince me that DMo is better. He's in a perfect situation to start.

And don't give me anything about "Howard wants Jones to start" business. That's the talk of LOFs.

Where exactly did you take personal offense to that post? And where exactly did I go off on a stray man argument vs merely explaining my position.

And btw: you are the one who started the LOF comparisons earlier in the thread. So I was just playing on your established posting methods.

Quit running away from me and claiming all this bullsh!t about stray man arguments and what not, merely because you can't hang in a basketball argument with me.

5. heypartner

I'm stating fact on how Coach fields the team and doles out player time. Your argument is what you think should happen vs what is happening.

And you might be right. I'm a big fan of DMo. But your logic about Jones is against what we see Coach doing.

You are the delusional one. Not me.

Nice try, though. You are so predictable and weak in your attempts to display superior knowledge to what Coach's are doing...in football too, as I see.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Scolandry!

[​IMG]
    Dmo and Jones!

[​IMG]

I think it should be noted, with regards to defense, Jones can switch the PnRs, and DMo cannot. Surprised nobody has mentioned it.

Message to the above posters:

Edit: Wrong year.

Only probably?

[​IMG]

To have a normal bball iq? :p

Is it the part that matters, given the Rockets roster? We got the big 3.

I don't know. I really don't. But the above-the-rim play that Jones brings to complement the playmakers at guard cannot be dismissed.

Oh great, LOFs. That's what we want to hear.

Before Jones was out with his lung, and after his nerve injury, Dmo was losing time to him.

Y'all should just take a deep breath, leave the keyboards, enjoy life, and avoid Jones and Dmo threads...

MOAR PFs!!! :cool:

So anybody who disagrees with, you ignore? That will for sure expand your perspective.

Yep, the ever credible SI list that has Tim Duncan as the 11th best player in '15-'16, and Green better than Dwight Howard. That'll settle every argument.

#106 jbasket, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. heypartner

Condescending prick.

I don't post in the GARM thinking about you. Get over yourself.

1 person likes this.
  8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Terrence jones can't rebond for **** yo. You can ask Harrison Barnes that.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

^that game was not during his rookie season.

1 person likes this.
  11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Missed the year the poster was specifying towards. My b. No insinuations behind it; was honestly surprised that you would make a mistake like that. Figures that I was in the wrong.

#111 jbasket, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah no worries man. I was just picking at the rookie year part lol.

I actually think that jones had some pretty awesome games during his sophomore year. That New Orleans one before the playoffs was probably the highlight of his time with the Rockets so far.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He actually isn't a terrible player, he just has some flaws in his game that are particularly annoying when completely overlooked by those who hype him. If Jones learns how to play defense at a competent level and learns how to hit the 3, he'll be around for a long time in the NBA. If he could do those 2 things, I'd love to be able to keep him around as our backup, but I'm sure he'll be heading out one way or the other looking for a place he'd start.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jeez this thread is ridiculous, getting way too heavy. Remember bro's, this is just a small debate about a couple of basketball players, no need to get so worked up.

Lets lighten up this thread with some more cute pup pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah this is pretty much my opinion as well.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LOL at how happy BobbytheGreat is to finally have a wingman. You two need to get a room. Preferably one big enough to fit DMo.

17. heypartner

And after being on this site for over 15 years, you got to love how these posters with an agenda will (on cue) predictably team up and claim everyone else is teaming up on them. And they shower threads, and over post the same agenda drivel, and feel like they can claim a righteous place in the GARM because they were the first and last to post on their agenda, when in fact, we just get bored and stop reading.

And when we don't follow their argument agenda they claim, "Stray Man Argument," because we are not staying within their argument parameters. lols. so freaking lame and weak-minded. That's the hallmark of a poster with an agenda.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dmo can play center, jones can not. That's the biggest difference between them.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Jones gets his points from the pick and roll, he's really quite good at it, but beyond that he has nothing. As a starter he will always be a failure in the playoffs because when a player is that one dimensional and range limited, defensive strategies are fairly simple to implement. Dmo's pretty horrendous at the pick and roll which will always limit his volume as front court players rely on getting a lot of cheap points to have a high volume.

In terms of value to the team, and the league Dmo is miles ahead because he has skills that are scarce and has been mentioned, the ability to create your own shot is one of the most valuable in the nba.

1 person likes this.
  20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Excellent post and Repped.

1 person likes this.