1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do so many people choose to live in SF, NY etc?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pirc1, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If I were single, I'd move to LA and seduce a young actress.

I buck trends.:p

2. hlcc

hlcc Member

Not a fan of those cost of living conversions. By far the biggest difference maker in these cost of living calculators is the difference in real estate $$. I don't consider the extra $$ you have to pay in mortgage as a waste at all.

Are these friends a bunch of wannabe models/actress with no real career upward mobility?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Seattle is a cheaper and more casual san francisco. It's all right but if I had a choice SF is superior. SF is one of the best cities in the USA though. Seattle is still pretty solid.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I know 1 is an aspiring actress.

The only thing i can't deal with is too much rain. Rain depresses me. I need the beach and a cool breeze. That's why San Diego is #1 for me. But, i admit Seattle looks really bad ass on that episode on whichever Anthony Bourdain show.

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've lived in Seattle for about 2 years and I've only visited San Francisco. I would say Seattle is just as nice of a city, if not better, plus you have the added benefit of no state income tax where California has one of the highest.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, Seattle goes HARD.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I hear the Olive Garden in Times Square is top notch.

8. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Levain Bakery on 74th street for the best cookies you will ever have. The choc chip and walnut cookie is close to the best thing I have ever eaten.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

book a table here in advance http://www.gramercytavern.com/#_=_

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's not a single bar. It's numerous bars in an area. Which if I remember correctly is a Jewish neighborhood that was emptied (and abandoned during WWII) and stayed that way for many years. Until before the buildings were tore down they started converting them into different types of bars. Very cool area.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cool! I'll delve into it and see if we can check it out when we get there.