1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do lunch pail Evangelical Christians have lower moral standards for the Presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have a sister. She is married, three kids. Fundamentalist Christians. I love them and all, but they do have a my-s***-stinks-not self-righteous streak, and I can never forget my young nephew's "Obama" Christmas cookie, all dark brown and thick-lipped, with my sister's smile as she watched him show it to me.

Negative propaganda? They create their own. "Christians.....except, you know, the blacks."

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One might wonder at what caused the evangelicals to get upset after all the things trump has said, done (and tweeted)... but I am sure it will also be shrugged off, because... the judges.

‘Using the Lord’s name in vain’: Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy
    A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/12/trump-evangelicals-blasphemy-profanity-1456178

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I grew up in the evangelical church 3 days a week. Saying ******* is a huge deal and anyone else in the world would be rejected from the church. But some how Trump continues to be allowed to be their cleric and moral representation.

Trump is destroying the evangelical church and they’ll never recover from him. They are nothing more than a right wing lobbying firm at this point.

Jesus would not approve.

havoc1 likes this.
  4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its so bizarre that taking the lords name in vain is what triggers them...but theyre good with all the other crap he says and does.

i used to have a friend who became an evangelical and would freak out if you took the lords name in vain...but at the same time he was doing a bunch of coke and going to vietnamese massage parlors and having sex with women there...but taking the lords name in vain offended him as a christian. he also became very anti-gay...but he was pro-cocaine and having sex with prostitutes!

#164 jo mama, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    malakas, RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why would these people want to call themselves Christians anyway, I could never understand.

6. NewRoxFan

B-Bob and Rashmon like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What type of cookie? I bet they were delicious. I think you're reading too much into a child's ability to make a cookie into an accurate portrait. Also the the self-righteous attitude is prevalent anywhere. The far left is a great example. They are the other side of that stink coin.

Nook likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No not really.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Once stayed at a house where they kept saying JC, and looking at me. Apparently they were offended by me saying Jesus Christ, but I had no idea, and they just kept saying JC, like I was supposed to know what they meant by it. But one of them freely uses the N-word, so... (But FWIW, he's also a shitty husband who treats his wife like she's trash compared to him).

My Mother-in-Law hates GD, but freely uses the N-Word as well. My wife got fed up with it and said she would stop saying GD as soon as she quit using the N-Word.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because they are hypocritical beings.

DD

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, at least you believe what you believe and don't hide it......I guess? The cookie I mentioned looked like a Mr Bill - Sluggo mashup. I was dismayed but whaddaya gonna do.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

When I really think about what is known of the historical Jesus, and the very early scripture..... I really believe Jesus would be disturbed by the willfully ignorance of Evangelicals. They are a lot like those that Jesus made examples of.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The Trump era has blown the cover off the evangelical voter as more ideological than morally motivated.

Of course most of us already assumed this was the case, but now it's laid about as bare as can be.

15. MystikArkitect

While true, the numbers would be less so for Clinton. Democrats just have a higher standard of morality than Conservatives. Not sure that can be argued.

Democrats would turn on a corrupt liberal President faster than Conservatives would.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Destroy them?

Locusts are swarming. Oceans are boiling.

The Apocalypse Business is booming!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are dying out, Christianity is on the decline - and they are desperate to get an invasive agenda into the public and view Pence and Trump as vehicles to do that - regardless of Trump's lack of Morality.

So they live with him being a con man, as long as their selfish agenda is being pushed.

So, they are hypocrites and lack integrity.

DD

18. Buck Turgidson

It's been a growth industry for several hundred years.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

I bet those same two Corinthians told him that...

20. Buck Turgidson

Someone needs to ask him who was the better Samuel.