1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why didn't Orlando Take Lowry? Regrets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Lovemachine2000

Haha, excellent comparison.

2. spence99

spence99 Member

It's funny how quick things change around here. Half of the people were so angry about this deal the day of the trade on this site, so it's easy to see why Orlando did the deal. They wanted a veteran to run the team.

What's funny is all the people that were pissed about losing Rafer's defense because they automatically assumed Lowry's defense was bad since he is short. Lowry has convinced people pretty quickly. Let's hope he keeps getting even better!

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why didn't Orlando Take Lowry?

Thank goodness Rockets management worked a little magic on Orlando. ;)

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I love having Lowry on the team too, but he's not exactly the floor spreader Orlando was looking for (a career 25.9% 3pt shooter and 24.6% 3pt shooter this season at the time of the trade).

We all hated Rafer's inconsistency behind the arc, but he still is a 35.4% career 3pt shooter and 34.8% at the time of the trade.

5. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

And yet again, the next move Morey makes will cause outcry and doom and gloom on the board. When will people learn.....IN MOREY WE TRUST. :D

6. blender

blender Member

7. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

lol @ the rafer fans thinking the team was better when he started. I loved the trade since I first heard it and like a few others...really thought we should have acquired him via the Battier trade.

8. Asian Sensation

1. Lowry has been a pleasant surprise for us. He has 0 starting experience and is still unproven.

2. Magic have plans to contend. Rafer gives them a better chance for that (At least he did at the time of the trade) with his experience and ability to spread the floor.

3. Nelson will be back next year and he's still young. Rafer will be a good backup.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

lowry started for the grizzlies for a while until conley took over

the magic wanted an experienced pg who could spread the floor. rafer is perfect at directing the play and where the ball goes. plus if they got lowry he wouldn't get any minutes behind jameer nelson.

10. ericmark

ericmark Member

Let me tell you my story:
    1. Rockets wants to trade Rafer no matter what.
    2. Rockets does not want to get anything from Orlando. Just think about what we got from Magic previously.
    3. Grizzles usually knows how to pick up a talent but does not know how to use them.
    So deal is done this way. Everyone is a winner. Where is the regret?
    One's trash can be another's treasure.

11. joesr

joesr Member

I think the minute he starts shooting under his 33 percent Anthony Parker will take his place. dont you remember whose job his whose?

12. yobod

yobod Member

Well the fact that Lowry is 10 years younger and could prove to be much better than Rafer in the long run. Orlando is investing in their present, not future.

13. yobod

yobod Member

Actually it reminds me more of the Battier/Gay trade. Rockets get veteran talent, Grizzlies get young player with great potential.

14. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I find it rather amazing to find that a team in the league thinks Rafer is worth a first round pick. I really felt he was worth no more than a second round pick.

Can we all remember during the 2007 offseason teams were only offering their junk in return for Rafer? How about Michael Doleac, for example?

15. 34to11

34to11 Member

Each team got what they wanted and made out quite nicely.

You're fooling yourself if you think the Rockets robbed anybody in this deal.

Lowry was not the type of player Orlando felt they needed, Rafer was.

I don't think any of the participants have any regrets....thus far.