1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did we release Livingston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, May 4, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're talking about a guy who a few years ago faced amputation of his leg below the knee - that's how bad his injury was. They didn't think he'd be able to walk again at first, and it was considered career ending.

His story is remarkable - for him to even be able to play basketball again is remarkable. I don't think anyone thought he'd get to this level again and that's incredible because to be an NBA player take a lot - of course it was going to take him years and year and years to recover.

No one has ever done what he has. To get angry at any of the 9 GM's who passed on a guy who by all measures of sanity, has no business doing what he is doing in the playoffs - is simply incredible. Just consider this - he is putting up the best numbers of his career per minute wise - even compared to his pre-injury self. Who saw that coming?

Just be happy for the guy - it's such a remarkable comeback. This is not the story to blame Morey, it's the one to praise Shaun Livingston.

#121 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I'm surprised this is still coming up on here. I'm sure Livingston is very happy on the Warriors and probably sent Morey a personal "thank you" card and one to wiz/cavs/nets too :) I mean the dude also got waived by a broken wizards and played sparingly for a broken cavs. Obviously on.the nets things started changing but until these playoffs he's just barely back to his mpg pre-injury.

Yes, it would have been nice to keep him, but I don't think most fans would be patient enough to wait, I mean his injury was insane and even playing a lot for the Nets wasn't to full mpg yet. Obviously now with Curry out he's putting time in, but it's coming on 3.5 years now since the cut.

Also let's go back and open a thread on trading Sampson to get Jordan and Hakeem, I'm sure Portland would have done something stupid like that lol, or one on keeping Rudy Gay... Or.... Not drafting all these ****ty picks, or not passing up talent chasing superstars. Oh what about signing Swift, ROFL, that's got to be a bigger **** up, he didn't do ****.

This is what it's about being a Rocket fan, we like kicking cans :) down the road! I can't wait for the thread on why Morey shouldn't have fired McHale blah blah, or the one where suddenly JBB needs to come back (okay maybe that one's a bit too far, lol).

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, exactly!!!

4. Harden's beard

yeah why did we

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will we have a thread like this about Knight if we trade him?

Rocket River
    instigator