1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why couldn't we get Mo Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Feb 10, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we are going to sign a fantastic free agent no doubt. and don't forget we have the pelicans' pick. there could be some really promising gamechangers at that draft spot who will really bolster our already very formidable vipers lineup.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No, seriously guys...is a thread about Mo Williams really going to be the focal point of the GARM for the rest of the season?

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Have you guys even watched Mo Williams in the playoffs?

Ever watched him during the post season when he was on the Cavs?

The only highlight of Mo William's illustrious playoff career has come against Jeremy Lin while he was in Portland.

Let that sink in....

Why would anyone want Mo Williams on their team with the playoffs fast approaching???

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The irony is that that last season's playoffs are statistically the worst playoff he's ever had.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...and yet the most impact.

The guy was a habitual choker for the Cavs.

6. knucklehead3321

I doubt it, but between this and mcghee there not much else going on, I figure this thread will die once playoff rosters are set, and dwight is back. This thread has transformed into more than just mo williams, but also morey's bad trades at the deadline, our lack of PG,and what we needed or could have used. Maybe someone should change the title....

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes, im a morey fan too. I agree. Harden at pg is a very good idea. I dont know why it hasnt happened yet. He is the MVP. His stats are equivalent to Michael Jordan and better but Harden doesnt have help at all. Im not worried about this year but the year Durant is unrestricted. I think we need a stretch 4 more than a pg. The floor needs to be spaced out so Harden can do his thing

8. knucklehead3321

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup up
    1.harden/bev
    2.brewer/mcdaniels
    3.ariza/papa
    4.tjones/smith/
    5.howard/dmo/mghee?
    This season...

if we get a stretch 4 you mention obviously smith dmo or jones would have to be traded or there would be a major jogjam at PF.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...except...you know...

The actual season being played right now :eek:

Why are people more interested in player movement than the actual games?

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes. Morey has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. With the Nop pick I think we can get a game changer. But we also need to maintain flexibility thru all cost. Even if Dwights window is closing.

11. knucklehead3321

No disrespect, but I guess because there is only so many threads we can have about the season. There is always an official game thread, a couple hate threads for coaching, managent, and players. It wouldn't be a message board without all kinds of threads... relevant or irrelevant. Bad threads don't last, so I guess something meaningful is in this thread or like other threads we just want to vent. I myself am so interested in player movement, because there is always a way to get better and that sometimes involves player movement. I agree this thread has gone on too long mo is not going to be a rocket this year but as I said earlier guys are just frustrated we didnt upgrade our PG position and rather than start new threads we've kept it going here.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nightly Mo update: 18, 2 & 5; W over Chicago.

SCRUB! :)

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mo is OK, but I don't think he's more than an occasional difference maker. If not Dragic, I would have liked to have Isaiah Thomas. It didn't cost Boston much to land him.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

glad we held on to that second round pick so we could package it in for prigioni

15. hotballa

yeah not a needle mover at all. Glad we got Ty Lawson and had 1 gazillion orgasmic posts about the DUI boy.

Mo Williams:
    16.5 PPG/5.5 APG/41% 3pt/90% FT/49% FG/3.3 RPG/2.0 TO

Ty Lawson:
    10.5 PPG/5.6 APG/30% 3pt/69% FT/34% FG/4.1 RPG/2.6 TO

cue the Moritards explaining why it was such a brilliant move to deal a second rounder for Prigioni instead of Mo Williams. Yeah, he can't play next to a superstar like James Harden. He can only put up those numbers playing on a scrubby team without a superstar. In Morey we trust.

Maybe his advanced stats are supposed to show Ty Lawson is a better player. Cuz you know, your eyes, and their stats are all lying to you because you're too damn stupid to understand advanced metrics. What an effing joke. All that BS about it always begin about the numbers and yet he practically breaks his neck for anyone that has "potential".

16. hotballa

oh and because the Morey lovers and precious Gorgi lovers seem to always goto the same parties, here's the stats for your wonderboy.

10.6PPG/4.0 APG/26% 3pt/85% FT/42% FG/3.0 RPG/2.3 TO

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

lol bumping a necro'd thread you created, which doesn't belong in the GARM, and then owning the last 3 replies to it.