1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why can't my Harden be more like John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 12, 2017.

1. split41

split41 Member

Can we chill on the Harden bashing? I'm hearing it everywhere. That game is going to be a black mark on his career. The dude could average 50/15/15 next season and no one would care. He lost MVP this year, and after game 6, no one will ever vote for him again - probably miss All-NBA next season again too.

The only thing he can do to redeem his image is win a ring, and unless Morey can build a superteam here, it probably ain't happening.

Harden is still my guy, so it sucks to come to the rockets board and it's all: trade James for the nets pick and avery bradley (lol), why can't James be like X player, James is not a superstar blah blah blah

I'll ride with James as long as he's a rocket, and he's honestly one of the best we've ever had put on the Jersey. I'm not saying you can't bash him, but can we just ease up on all these dumb Harden bashing threads, dude's going to cop it all off-season and next season, maybe his whole career for this one bad game.

Feel bad for him, and honestly I'm sick of reading it. We can be constructive...or maybe I should just take a break from the GARM until next season

vlaurelio and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall is lucky that he plays in the East...I admire his passion and wish that Harden's personality/mentality was more like his, but all that passion would've likely ended with him getting bounced in the 1st round or quickly taken care of in the 2nd round if he were in the West

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I know. I was trying to be light hearted

6. chandlerbang21

unless harden gets faster , dribbles better and gets a consistent midrange shot it's never gonna happen

7. hakeemthagreat

Um, the guy quit on his team in the most important game of the season. In the time his team needed him most, he chose to not even compete. Is that really bashing? How can you "bash" a guy that quit on you?

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

John Wall, 2 knee surgeries still doesn't give up even when shooting like crap. Ends up hitting the dagger.

Maybe Harden is a quitter because he never faced any serious injury. It would teach him the value of performing in the moment instead of shrinking... or he'll just stay home every day and spend that Adidas money on strippers.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why can't Harden be more like Mike?

jayfree likes this.
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I broke my harden on the john wall.

11. marlex9

marlex9 Member

Harden's personality is just not like Westbrook, Kobe, MJ or even Lebron. He has limitations on his fight and will to win. This is not says he's not an high level skilled NBA allstar but he is still lacking that win at all cost fight that the fore mention guys have.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Totally different player, he relies on his explosion more than his craftiness.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Beard on the Wall.

D-rock likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden is definitely one of the best ever to put on a Rocket jersey. By the end of his career he probably will solidify himself as the second greatest Rocket ever.

He currently is probably the most skilled offensive player in the league currently.

However for some reason when a team can play him 4 games in a row, it's easier to "figure him out" relative to the other superstars in the league and unfortunately I think that's due to his limitations athletically. Hence why he seems to get blocked plenty and relies on foul calls when trying to score in the paint.

#35 fchowd0311, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol its the fact is that hes the only superstar all this time thus teams can solve houston

I wonder of toronto hit 55% of their 25 shots behind the arc

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

WHY CANT WALL BE MVP LIKE HARDEN o_O;)

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

John Wall?????

I Prefer he be more like John Wick

Lol

Rocket River

bulkatron likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Has John Wall had a single MVP caliber season yet? Can't remember.