1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the Rockets the only team held to the Golden State standard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pmac, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure it's the latter. Commentators like Barkley and Shaq are there just to talk. I doubt that they actually do research on the things they talk about. They thought the Rockets' defense were not good just because it's the reputation.

What is more embarrassing for them is that they should at least watch the game and do some eye-test analysis. Last night's game, the Rockets had a 104.2 DRtg, which is pretty close to their season DRtg of 103.7, which ranks them #5 in the league.

This is why I have no respect for their so-called game analysis. They can't even recognize good defense when they see it.

CCity Zero, s3ts and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Barkley doesn’t even try to hide his bias. They brought up the Morey tweet or posting of the only way to get the
    TNT group to watch a Rockets game.....Barkley fired back, “Rockets still owe me $3 million dollars.”

“I went there taking less so they could sign Pippen.” “Thought we were getting Pippen & Jordan.....all I got was Pippen.”

Never takes responsibility for his own actions. Always someone else’s fault.

Easy likes this.
  3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I agree with this post on most points, Curry however is asked to do a completely different set of things to contribute to his team winning, Harden however is asked to Score, assist (make plays for others), rebound and play defense. Outside of LeBron and Durant, I don't see anyone else being asked to carry the team as much and expected to do it every game. Take a look all the great superstars that have made an imprint in the NBA, no one has ever done it alone. When anyone comes up short they still come up short correct? It does matter that Harden has a previous history of not showing up in the NBA finals (Thunder) and the last few years he depended on his regular game approach (drawing fouls) to succeed in the playoffs and the simple matter is the NBA officiating is never consistent with their calls.

Durant wasn't able to elevate his game to MVP level until he realized the referees swallow their whistles in the playoffs and forced himself to reinvent himself. No one is going to rag on Harden not playing defense anymore because well he actually puts in effort on defense this year. I don't blame people who label Harden a choker but don't look past all that he's asked to do in order to help this team win. People label McGrady as a choker too but take a look at his stats as a measuring tool for his performance and he helps solidify his cause in being able to elevate his game when needed. Unfortunately for both players the last games in every series is what people tend to remember most, if the team loses does it really matter? People tend to forget that the Spurs are a pretty damn good team, regardless of who their personnel is on the floor. When the MVP ballots are going to go out, I swear people are going to discount Harden because he finally has a REAL franchise player playing next to him.

Scary thing is that we're still doing well against the teams we're playing with Harden and Paul not playing 100% cohesively next to each other. You can still see Harden/Paul's awkwardness with each other on the floor when one tries to call out for the ball and the other ignores the call. I figure once the streak ends and we hit our rough patch, we'll finally start to really blow teams out more consistently. Heck if we can ever get Anderson and Gordon to play more consistently well.. watch out league.

Beardaholic13 likes this.