1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the rockets losing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I have figured it out. It could be Rudy, or the players or the cheerleaders( ;) ) or even the Injuries.

But its that we think the Rockets actually have talented players , in reality they suck. The rockets sign players that are bench warmers and try to make them to players that can lead a team.
    Other than Cat and Francis, I think the rest of them dont have alot of skills. ( Eddie Griffin is great but he never plays so I dont consider him a rocket but just a Ballboy)

What would I do if I could change this team up?

Steve Francis --- Star PG, does it all. He is a horse.

Cuttino Mobley -- Nice sidekick to Steve. Offense is great.

Kelvin Cato -- Lazy and really sucks

Glen Rice -- Injuries and very lazy. He wont be anything like he was, i dont see how he can help.

Kenny Thomas -- Has Skills, very quick but he acts like he is a star but in reality he cant stand a chance with bigger players.

Tierre Brown - He will have a nice career if he gets a chance somewhere else. Very Smart

Jason Collier - Hes played 5 games in 2 years. He doesnt even exist.

Eddie Griffin - Watch out for him, he could be the star of the team.

Dan Langhi - Very dumb player, I will be surprised if hes in the nba in 3 years.

Terence Morris - Needs time, he can be a great garbage man. Take time on him tho.

Oscar Torres - Love this player, one of my favorites. I would actually get mad if he gets traded. He can be a threat.

Kevin Willis - decent but hes old and will be gone next year

Walt Williams - Scores well, defense sucks. He is a veteran and can help.

Moochie Norris - Hes alright but I would trade him in a second.

Italics I trade, Bold I keep. Walt Williams is a so so, in between. Kevin Willis is outta here next year or so, I dont see him in the future plans. When the rockets go to the draft this year, I would love to see a trade for a veteran player. This team needs to add veteran leadership that has defense and can help right away.

Team should start trading or start over. This nucleus will never do any damage.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why are the rockets losing?

because Francis3 is starting too many threads!!!!!

...and btw...

Just say "I agree"

This is the perfect Francis3 thread to do it in, giving he gave so much work to his post....

you must agree...

"I agree"

3. Band Geek Mobster

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I disagree.

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I still have a hard time listening to what Pippen33 has to say. :D

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I agree that he is a crackhead by saying this nucleus will never do any damage.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

LOL! I hate you all too.:p

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I seriously agree!

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

YOU are a pimp thats scared. You cant admit that the rockets nucleus is not good. You are afraid to admit it!!!

:(

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They are injured right now so that has something to do with it, but they were struggling before they got hurt. Evryone and their mother know when your turnover created vs. turnover made is equal or lower your going to play in a lot of very close games. For some reason the Rockets are very methodical in their offense as if they were a veteran playoff tested team. I read an article in saturdays chronicle when Rudy says the zone has hurt histeam and he must get his players out of isolatio plays. Did he just wake up or what!

Everyone in the league knew the Rockets were going to be hurt the most by this , but since Rudy is supposed to be this great coach, I thought he would change the offense and we would score about the same as last yr. What Rudy didn't do in the preseason is a) get players that can get their own shots, b) get more atheletic so the zone and partial zones can be beaten down the court, and c) use the zone and zone press to his advantage. By not using any of these couple with the injuries equals to the Rockets struggling even when Francis and Rice come back. They will both help, mostly Francis, but if all this offense is drive to the teeth and kick out for long shots, then this team will struggle this yr for certain. Its our philosophy as much as anything for the season long struggles and that has to point back to rudy.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Admit that Francis, Taylor and Mobley, the Rockets nucleus, are not good?? They won over 40 games last season and came just a couple games shy of the playoffs.

Exactly what nucleus are you talking about??

:rolleyes: