1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are Mavs fans not worried?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because we are an extremely inconsistent team with the worst coaching out off the playoff teams. Who knows if D12 can handle 35-40 minutes a game which will be required and Harden also is a big question mark. If he doesn't get calls what will happen? Will his shot finally come around? Rondo plays great D on Harden as well. I'm worried about the Mavericks. If your not not then you obviously did didn't watch last years playoffs.

2. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I am roommates with a mavs and spurs fan. It's because we haven't done anything to prove we are a actual threat in the playoffs.

I expect some holes in walls and maybe a fight if drunk enough over this series

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess who else wasn't worried going into a playoff series? Rockets fans before facing Portland last year.

The important thing is whether a fan-base is worried AFTER a playoff series, not before.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Because respect isn't given. it's taken.

5. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I can confirm what you are saying about the Dallas media. They have a peculiar ability to ignore reality especially when it comes to the antics of the Dallas Cowboys but as they say talk is cheap. Had this happened before the Rondo deal, I could see some reason for Dallas' optimism. But they have been a disjointed team ever since that trade and if the Rockets take better care of the basketball and hit their FTs, then the Rox will finally advance past the first round.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I think we'll win, but I don't consider this series a walk in the park. Any team with Dirk is scary...I don't care if he's on the decline or not.

Let Mavs fans think this is a cake walk. They'll be that much more ticked off when we beat them. Then they can go scream into their YouTubes about how the flopping Rockets cheated their way to the 2nd round.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets won 6 more games the Mavericks.

Vegas has the Rockets as favorites.

Can the Rockets lose? Yes they can. However it would be an upset and heads would probably roll.

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

They're delusional and their team sucks

10. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I guess the only upside in losing to Dallas would guarantee the dismissal of McHale, I hope. So in a way it wouldn't be all that bad, kinda

11. coweye

coweye Member

I dont understand why people compare the Spurs vs Mavs matchup with the rest of the Spurs title run. For the most part of the first 6 games of that series the Spurs were just bad.

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Maybe as a cohesive unit, no and compared to the Spurs, No. But individually, the Rockets have more players that have been deep in the playoffs with finals experience. 4 of the starting 5 have either played or won in the finals.

Dwight - finals experience (Orlando, lost)
    Jones - 1st round
    Ariza - finals experience (lakers, won)
    Harden - finals experience (thunder, lost)
    Terry - finals experience (mavs, won)
    Smith - 2nd round
    Brewer - finals experience (mavs, won)
    Prigioni - none

13. SeeingRocketRed

Um, ok. Let us rain 3s is their strategy? Rockets are okay with this.

#2 Playoff Dwight>Playoff Rondo. Dwight was dominant last night. Rondo played well 5 years ago.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the main difference between the 2 teams= houston can play lock down defense when they are focused. I have yet to see Dallas put together two defensive gems in a row. Their team doesn't play defense. If houston could play defense like they started the season out then they will be a force to be reckoned with. I believe the addition of a healthy Dwight and a few minutes of capela blocking shots is going to be huge in this series.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Corey Brewer was on the Mavs?? Did my brain just actively gloss over this memory?

16. Play07

Play07 Member

rondo & ellis having a good series at the same time does scare me, our bench is deeper tho, we have to take these first 2 home games !!

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

at least this time they won't have Donaghy.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha you crazy.

After a devastating loss to the Blazers last year, McHale was given an extension early on this year that lasts for multiple seasons. It wasn't just a token "no lame duck" extension, it was a "we believe in you for the long term" extension.

Unless McHale benches Harden and wears a dogfighting t-shirt, he isn't getting fired.

19. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

I think you're confusing confidence or "lack of worry" for a little bit of optimism. It was very likely they would have to play the Spurs going in to last night. There really isn't a conceivable scenario where the Mavs get past the Spurs in round 1 other than absolutely EVERYTHING going their way. There is a chance, though, that they could get past the Rockets, even if it is less than 50% (or less than 30%). I don't get the sense from the team, fans, or media that they think they have nothing to worry about in this matchup. There is a reason that 7-seeds usually lose and the Mavs are likely to lose this one. Playing the Rockets, though, from a match-up standpoint, gives them at least a little hope.

Like mentioned above, I don't know why so many here are so quick to look to the 2nd round. Even if this does end in 4 or 5 games, I don't think there will be many (any?) lopsided victories. They'll all be hard fought.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Dwight can play 32 minutes like the way he has played lately, I would be surprised if we don't win in 5.