1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are Houston Rockets such an unattractive destination for quality free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockyChamp, Jun 27, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garner

Garner Member

We couldn't offer a pairing with this guy...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Dood we were his 4th option to begin with.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Because Bosh knows that if he came to Houston, he'd be expected to be "The Man," and without a superstar SG/SF like Wade to take the lead that he'd be a overpaid bust.

If Bosh was never really all that he was hyped up to be as an elite player, just a very good one scoring on a crap team in a conference known for having under performing teams.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rox got Ariza last year......

I think once Yao's situation is solved either way, it will open up Houston as a destination again.

DD

5. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

We can get talent Bosh just didn't want to live in the state he grew up in and that's understandable. But the fact of the matter is we're better without Bosh he's soft. On paper it looks good. We almost got to the Conference final with a Healthy Yao two years ago. Are team is better now. Yes I would like another superstar, but not at the cost of any young talent. We need wait and see what we got going. No hasty moves.
    It's ridiculous to say Bosh and Wade will get a championship and contend this year. We had McGrady and Yao that didn't work. Who's the supporting cast down in Miami. Oh that's right nobody.

I wonder how many players are kind of miffed at this circus. I know Miami got's a target on their back and they ain't even good it's gonna be a rough year for miami. And if Lebron goes there really screwed. It will be an Epic Fail.

Unlike the Lakers and Celtics, Miami isn't getting superstars for nothing In lopsided stupid trades. There Breaking the bank. How are they going to get other players. Pretty arrogant move if you ask me.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Steve wanted us because of Yao.

Tracy wanted us because of Yao.

Charles wanted us because of Hakeem and Clyde.

You've got to have 1 to get 1 and the 1 we have now is busted.

7. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

We have an All Star SF/SG. Kevin Martin you'll see he's gonna get way more pub now that he's in a bigger market and far better team. Playing In Sacramento is like playing for the Kansas City Royals. That markets tiny dude. You get no Props.

Besides his game will speak for itself. 90% chance he will make the All Star team this year.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the situation can only be solved by one thing. WINNING.

In a way, Yao really went down at a bad time. If we had our 7 game rumble with the Lakers this past year, with Yao healthy the whole time, I think we'd have gotten a lot more attention in FA.

But that's water under the bridge. From this point on, we need to show that having a top organization wins games. If we can keep doing a lot better than Miami in the next few years, then the next Bosh will be much more accepting of Morey's visit. Basically, Morey must prove through results that Bosh picked the wrong place.

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I agree but I'd add that more than winning, the Rockets need consistent playoff success. Right now the popular perception of the Rockets is that they're a scrappy underdog team that can give good teams a fight but has only one playoff victory in the past who-knows-how-many-years and no serious championship aspirations. The Rockets need to show that they can consistently make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Could also be because no one wants to play in the west, you're almost guaranteed to make the playoffs in the east, wade practically did it himself last year. If say Bosh came to Houston, they would have to go up against the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Denver, Utah, OKC, Portland, Memphis, NO...compared to the East, it ain't a cakewalk. Memphis is a stretch, but I felt they showed a lot of promise and could be really good in the future (depending on ZR), and of course some of that may change if Dirk, Boozer, or any other big player leaves via trade or free agency, but the point is the West is hard why risk it

11. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Your insanely wrong or just a giant homer. No way KM makes all-star. Not without some massive injury bugs sweeping through western conference starts .

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why would anybody want that... having to deal with 1 wife is painful enough..

<br><object width="448" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=26078"></param><embed src="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=26078" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="448" height="336"></embed></object><br><b><a href="http://noolmusic.com/stupid_videos/superbowl_05_bud_light_cedric_the_entertainer.php">Superbowl 05 Bud Light Cedric The Entertainer</a> via <a href="http://noolmusic.com">Noolmusic.com</a></b><br>

13. ApuN

ApuN Member

Bull Sh**

People need to face facts.

While Yao has been a very effective center in this league, His overall reputation is that he is injury prone.

If I am a superstar (or think that I am) why would I believe that Yao Ming is not going to have his annual season ending injury?? -- basically leaving me in the same situation I tried to get out of?

You have to have at least two elite type players to win a ring.

Dwayne Wade or Yao Ming?? To everyone else in the leaugue, this is a no brainer, but people here in this forum continue to fool themselves.

1 person likes this.
  14. T_Man

I like your statements but I don't think it's about proving that Bosh picked the wrong spot, more about getting the right pieces to fit the Rockets puzzle that's already in place.

This year will define Morey in a big way.

15. T_Man

Had to rep you for that one..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.