1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are Houston Rockets such an unattractive destination for quality free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockyChamp, Jun 27, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Utah Jazz -- opportunity to have multiple wives LEGALLY

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

as a city houston isnt going to compare with LA, Miami, or NY, those are the tourist destinations and where everyone wants to be. Even Chicago is a great city. You dont hear much about houston however, only thing about houston athletes talk about is how melo and friendly it is.

3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'm sure they're no less attractive to quality free agents than most other teams. There are a few teams that are more attractive than most (Boston, L.A.), and there are some teams that probably are less attractive (Utah, Milwaukee). To suggest that the Rockets are an unattractive destination is pure exaggeration.

4. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

How did he force that by being greedy :rolleyes: ...he is so generous and besides he didnt get much money that year...

5. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

boston-share in the limelight of the all time greats
    lakers-share in the limelight of the all time greats+hollywood+best weather in usa

miami-wade+south beach+no state taxes+riley
    bulls-share in limelight of MJ+big market

knicks-be on snl every month+endorsements+be chris rock's buddy
    nets-be on snl+endorsements+brooklyn+jayz+proporov open doors to russian entrepreneurship

okc-play with possible 2nd best player in nba for next 10 years,durant

dallas-better weather than houston+cuban who will spend more money than Les+dirk 2nd best pf in game

cavs-play with lebron

orlando-play with best center in game+best weather+no state taxes

Rockets are the middle of the pack team because we are a middle of the road destination. Yao is done and will be re-signed atleast 4 years which will strap the cap to the max for 4 years with no wiggle room to add anyone else. Morey good at drafting players but poor with managing cap and understanding the right time to trade a player. ie:tmac should have been traded 2 years-maybe 3 years ago......yao same thing

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

its obviously because of the depth perception at toyota center :grin:

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Once upon a time we had management that treated players like human beings rather than numbers and stats. Also, we had supporters like Mattress Mac who built facilities for player development. As a city we had a calmer, more genteel southern mentality, but now Houston seems to have a meaner, cash-n-carry northern mentality.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's so true. Carroll Dawson and Rudy never got rid of any of us, because we were born and true Rockets.

Signed,
    Otis Thorpe, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Micheal Dickerson, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head.

It's just as Carl Herrera said,

"BECAUSE IT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TREAT HIGH QUALITY ATHELETES LIKE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look at all the players in the organizations history that still remain active with the Rockets beyond retirement and LIVE HERE still. You cant tell me they are here still because of the pristine beaches.

This group of free agents I cannot figure out but they are all very close and are more concerned with celebrity status and fame then they are with winning a championship. They might say that is what they want to do but we all saw Lebron in the playoffs this last year... yeah.

That is why we are not getting attention from Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. So F them... why do want a player like this that is giving up on their team for their brand name and to party with Jay-Z and Kanye.

They are the popular kids in school, but that doesnt mean they are going to make the deans list. I will take the dorks that make A's. Sorry for the lame analogy.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they wanted to win a chamionship why come to houston, we have been out of the 1st round once in the last 13 years.

We really need another very good player to have a chance.

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

The first thing that came to my mind when reading this thread title was Yao Ming. If I'm a young star serious about winning titles and cementing my legacy, I'm not hitching by hopes and dreams on being able to do that with a player with such an extensive history of season ending injuries no matter how good said player may be when healthy.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I never said Rockets players were not traded, just treated like human beings rather than computer stats.

13. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

We just have talent, but we haven't got any progress. If you want to win a championship, at least you should choose a team that is more lilkely to win the western or eastern conference in the playoffs.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe it's the humidity.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FO SHO! ROCKeT USED TO GET ALL KIND OF ELTIE FA BEFORE HE ARRIVED. SF3/MOBLEY FO LIFE!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When Yao was healthy, an elite player named Tracy McGrady chose to come here and play with him.

That is not the case anymore, Yao is not healthy.

And most elite free agents stay with their teams.

This could be a historic offseason.

DD

17. Carl Herrera

FO SHO! SINCE MOREY BECAME GM ROCKET HAVE MISSED OUT ON NUMEROUS ELITE FA LIKE RASHARD LEWIS, BEN GORDON, CHARLIE V ADN HEDO THE TURK.

18. Carl Herrera

Twacy was no FA, Twacy was twaded to Wockets!

Twacy no Fwee Agent, Twacy was enslaved agent.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know you are playing hard to like, it is why you got banned the first time as Van Gundier.

Either way, Tracy's situation was similar in that he was going to refuse to sign with Orlando and they were going to get nothing for him.

Very similar to what Bosh, Lebron and Wade are doing right now...

DD

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Best post EVER. Damn, that's some funny ****. :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.