1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whould you consider the Rockets a deep team now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Dec 6, 2014.

?

Do the Rockets now have depth?

1. Yes

152 vote(s)
    60.1%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Yes, If you call GameStop Managers and Toys R Us stockers depth.

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Let me get back to you.

44 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Ghost_of_Akeem

A sprained knee is not a serious injury, the fact that he has missed so many games and we still have no timetable for his return is very strange.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just a matter of going down. But also of sitting on the bench for 5 minutes. Or in foul trouble. Or having a bad night. Or a team having an great defender to put on him who slows him down.

Then what?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sprain usually takes 4-6 weeks. Howard puts a lot more stress on his knee than most other guys. Not only is he big, he's explosive. Consider what a sprain is - stretched ligaments. Do you really want a big guy jumping out of the gym to block a shot and then landing supported by a loose knee and the tendona continue to stretch and get weakened - or worse, the damage is someplace else

Let the knee heal.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That just sums it up perfectly. Howard and the coaching staff are going to be very cautious on this matter.

5. Ghost_of_Akeem

I didn't know that you were a doctor, congrats on your medical practice though. The world needs more doctors.

Anyhoo, your point is moot. The Rockets organization is what is in question here and how they have been obfuscating the real nature of our players injuries. That is what most fans have a problem with.

If you feel that you can safely predict the time when Dwight plays another game then I will take you seriously as a poster, if you can't then please don't pretend you know the nature of these injuries anymore than I do.

Thanks, Doc.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think we're deep at full strength compared to other contenders in the west. We're thin when it comes to having veterans, we're missing another player that can create for himself or others, most threats have that (Manu, Iggy, Crawford, Ellis, Mathews, etc) but we may be okay in the post.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This like most of your posts inspires multiple face palms here. Howard's return is in the doctors hands, along with Howard himself and the coaching staff. They will rightfully be cautious.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I don't think this team is deap at all. But they are being coached and utilised to their maximum potential which is more than a lot of other teams can say.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People play with sprains at the YMCA every day - but then again they aren't paid to play.

I am sure that Howard would be playing if it were the playoffs, but is a long season so they are playing it smart.

And the team is winning which buys them extra time.

DD

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Interesting stats -- but, I must say that, while the one on the left is only marginally better than the one on the right, in the super competitive Western conference playoff race, that marginal improvement could make a world of difference.

12. bongman

bongman Member

I agree. If I may add, Dwight missed a lot of practice time with the team. It's not a wild guess to think that he was still trying to get into the groove of things. Having said that, It's still a very small sample size to be able to conclude anything.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

When Dwight comes back he should just focus on defense, rebounds, blocks, pnrs, and putbacks. Let harden and dmo and the rest of the team do their thing offensively

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

This is where I hope coach Mac adjusts well get some of the bench some decent minutes, not overwork our starters. Still think we need a consistent backup at the 5 though but appreciating the way Dorsey, DMO and Black have handled it.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

5 points off the bench tonight.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

That is unheard of :(

17. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Considering our bench consists of Chris Johnson, Jason Terry and Joey Dorsey...

18. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Nick*

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

we have CJ2JK?! :eek: