1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose door will Morey be at on midnight of free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okrockets, May 24, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

which is why every Rocket fan should hope this happens. Take down two birds with one stone.
    Clippers are no more contenders and Mavs dig themselves in a big ,20 mil per , hole by paying a guy who can't do anything offensively without an elite pg.

2. GMNot

GMNot Member

This is a pretty good page for window-shoppers.

Given that the Rockets were plagued with injuries all year, that D-Mo started to blossom, and Capela seems headed in a good direction, just resigning Smith and Brewer will probably be on the list.

Until this team can go a season without such injuries, they still really don't know what they have, although, it seems apparent that their 3-point shooters are too inconsistent to make that system drive utilization of the current personnel. I'd rather they change the philosophy to match the capabilities of the players. 3's are only better than 2's if you make a threshold percentage.

From the site/page linked above, depending on health, Wesley Mathhews might be a sleeper candidate as a compliment to Harden. Gerald Green might be a possibility, also.

PG has to be addressed, I think, as well as PF. Jones needs to be more consistent.

ALL the big men need FT lessons and/or help during the off-season.

It's a bit early to thrash through it all.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

How about drafting well.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just don't understand why we extended McHale before we had to. Sure he's done a good job, but we all know he's not at the top of his profession. Who is? Tom Tibs...and it looks like he's about to be on the market.

You know who else is? JVG....and, he too looks like he's back on the market.

Either of the two would be an upgrade, but we can't take advantage because we pulled a Bob McNair with the McHale extension.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Capela looks like a find from last year. And Cannon got us McDaniels (who will likely have a role next year) so the verdict is out on the 2013 draft. The year before was Terrence Jones and we know how that worked out. I think the year before that was Parsons and DMO.

I think we consistantly do well in the draft. We dont always get it right, but we have an excellent record in the draft in the Morey era.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I get why people want Mike Conley - but why is his name coming up so frequently? He isn't a free agent and Memphis has zero incentive to move him. I don't think they'd move him even if Gasol leaves in free agency.

I also don't understand why people keep talking about Power Forward as a position of need. It only feels even a little like a position of need right now because Motiejunas is injured. But Motiejunas, Jones and Smith (assuming we can keep him)? We're DEEP at the 4.

I'd love to see the Rockets manage a trade for a guy like Lowry or Lawson, but the biggest thing for the Rockets is that they get healthy and their young guys continue to be improved. If they were healthy this year we'd probably have one 60+ games. And guys like Harden, Motiejunas, Jones, McDaniels, Nick Johnson, and Clint Capela should all be better next year (yes. even Harden).

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Being deep doesn't translate to it being a solid position.

Nobody seems happy with either Smith or Jones starting, but both (especially Jones) put up very similar numbers during the regular season. People think Motiejunas would be stepping up for us big time during the playoffs, and that might be, but the truth is most likely that Motiejunas would be putting up numbers very similar similar to Jones, decent but inconsistent, comes big one game, the next is nowhere to be found. Don't forget Jones took over the starting position when Howard came back over Motiejunas this season.

All 3 of Motie, Jones and Smith have shown to be excellent 6th man type bench role players, but non have stepped up enough to solidify the starting position. All are very inconsistent. Having 3 inconsistent role players at one position is basically the same as having 2, it's not deep it's just a log jam of role players. Now i'm hoping Dmo does step it up big next season, or maybe even Jones, but until then it's still a position that needs to be addressed if we plan on winning rings.

I do agree the PG position needs more help then the PF though, at the moment.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

9. dragician

dragician Member

Howard/Capela
    Aldridge/DMo
    Ariza
    Harden/Brewer
    Bev

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member