1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the worst player that can be the best player on a championship team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rolyat93, Aug 20, 2012.

?

Which Semi-Star would be the best leader for a title team?

1. Iggy

12.3%
  2. Monta

1.3%
  3. Rudy Gay

7.1%
  4. Josh Smith

2.6%
  5. James Harden

12.3%
  6. Al Jefferson

3.2%
  7. Eric Gordon

1.3%
  8. Danny Granger

1.9%
  9. Lamarcus Aldridge

47.1%
  10. I'm an elitist and I think Hitler was awesome, but you need a superstar to win titles.

11.0%
  1. jocar

jocar Member

I agree with Bynum. The elite teams' (- lakers) only weaknesses are at center, and that's where you can even the playing field

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

If Rudy Gay is clearly on Durant's level then the Grizzlies would be a much better team last season. But he's nowhere close to Durant at all.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Am I the only one who thinks that Lamarcus Aldridge is overrated by a lot of people? He's a nice, skilled finesse post scorer with a good midrange game. But he's a middling passer, defender and rebounder. I think he's a step below where Pau Gasol was at the same age when he was a featured player in Memphis, and Pau was several steps below Webber, Dirk, Duncan and Garnett at the time.

Maybe it's just a testament to how much weaker the PF position is compared to 5-10 years ago, but I don't see LMA as significantly better than Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal or Rasheed Wallace were in their respective primes.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

C: Al Jefferson
    PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
    SF: Iggy
    SG: James Harden
    PG: Eric Gordon

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think he's overrated as well probably the 2nd tier of PFs, but on the right team (like the Pacers) I think he'd be a formidable threat.

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

omer asik and jeremy lin

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The list should have Tony Parker and Pau Gasol.

9. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Id say joe johnson. I think he is superstar caliber, but he isn't really considered by anyone really.