1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most overrated player in the L.?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sir Geving, Apr 25, 2003.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

bibby
    allan houston

2. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Allan Houston is OVERPAID, not overrated.

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

1) Michael Jordan
    2) Kobe Bryant
    3) Kobe Jordan
    4) Michael Bryant
    5) All of the above.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

LOL thats hilarious :D

5. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I'm pretty ****ed up right now and that post confused the hell out of me for close to a minute. Thanks for screwing up my buzz.:cool:

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Finley is not overrated, he has always been underrated. He was great before dallas became great. and now he is their best defensive player. (not that that is hard but still)

overrated:
    pippen
    antoine walker

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Steve Francis - You don't deserve to be called Franchise if you don't play defense.

Antoine Walker - This is what Eddie Griffin would be if he had the green light. The Celtics should just thank God they have Paul Pierce.

Michael Jordan - No way should he be considered the best player of all time. If you could draft anyone in history to start building a team around, you should be fired if your pick Jordan.

Allen Iverson - If you shoot enough times, you will put up points. The put a bunch of defenders and rebounders around him experiment has failed. As soon as they ran into a good team, it was over.

Chris Webber - He puts up big numbers, but what a choke artist. This guy plays like the Astros when the pressure is on. :D

Andre Miller - People talk about him like he is the best thing since sliced bread. He doesn't do anything but lose.

Shaquille O'Neal - If the refs officiated against him fairly, he would foul out in the first quarter of every game. People say [whiny voice] "But he gets beat up by everyone too." [/whiny voice] That is all people can do when no NBA offical will call an offensive foul on the guy. I would LOVE to see the result of a Shaq game officiated correctly.

Kobe Bryant - If he is a superstar, then so is Kenny Smith. It is easy to win when you have a teammate drawing constant triple teams because he is allowed to run wild in the paint. If you swapped him with Tracy McGrady, the Lakers would be the same or better, while the Magic would get worse.

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

You're a fool.

He's the best scoring guard ever. He won 6 championships without a great player next to him. No other player in the history of sports has done that.

#28 NYKRule, Apr 27, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

he's both.

10. University Blue

Allan Houston's stroke is so sweet, when he shoots, hummingbirds flock to MSG.

(When NY signed Allan Houston) I believe there was a petition to rename MSG "Sugarland," but NY'kers were afraid Tom might get confused and try to mis-represent them in Congress.

University (Sugar and Spice) Blue

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The Wizards got worse...the Pistons got better. I'd have to say Jerry Stackhouse.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I have begun to appreciate the maturing Antoine Walker. I think he'd look good on the Yao Rox.

MJ is unarguably one of the few top players ever, along with Oscar and Magic, and the biggest guys Wilt and Shaq.

I do agree that I would like to see a ref call a game with Shaq according to the book. Shaq would play within the rules and still dominate, ultimately. He is that good.

Kobe may be unlovable, but he is an unbelievable talent.

13. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Pistons had the same exact record and they added Billups (and got Okur on board).

Anyway, Antoine Walker is the most overrated guy in the league. How a guy like that makes the all-star team, I don't know. He could be a great player, but he just wants to chuck up bad shots.

14. StupidMoniker

He had Pippen, who is overrated, but still a good player, he had Rodman for a few of those, he had solid role players like Kerr and Longley. I am not saying Jordan wasn't good. He is probably the best SG of all time (Dr. J spent a lot of time in the ABA, so it is hard to compare). My point is, you would be a fool to take him over Wilt. Wilt is like a man among boys. The only center ever to lead the league in assists. Averaged 50 pts for a season. Kareem was more unstoppable than Jordan, and his shotblocking presence is more important to team defense than Jordan. Magic could do everything on the court, including winning finals MVP as a center. I would put all of them above Jordan. Larry Bird could have an argument for being equal to Jordan. Your post that I am a fool for not considering Jordan the best player ever just proves my point. Overrated.

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Well, by many, he is. Are the countless fools?

The enormous amount(Yes, amount) of people who consider MJ the greatest ever do not make him the greatest ever, but to say that he doesn't even deserve the consideration is just downright false.

I award MJ, Magic, and Larry extra points for playing during what I consider the NBA's heyday(80's - 90's), and that is what separates MJ from the Wilt, Oscar, Bill, etc... Larry and Magic played on teams that could probably beat the eastern all-stars right now...and still didn't win as many titles as MJ(Though, they had to play against each other...).

The above paragraph is a part of my reasoning as to why I consider Michael Jordan the greatest ever.

#35 vj23k, Apr 27, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  16. StupidMoniker

I would never consider everyone who felt Jordan was the best player ever to be a fool. Just misled by the media. :D I would not consider the 90's the toughest competition era of the NBA. I would take Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celts, Wilt's Warriors, and even the Dr. J sixers to beat Jordan's Bulls team. It is hard to compare players acroos eras, but I just feel that Wilt's numbers are undeniable. Even against Bill Russel, widely regarded as one of the top defenders ever, his numbers are rediculus. I think, in light of other players having similar or better numbers, it is overrating Jordan to say he is without a doubt, by far the greatest player ever. That has been said more than once.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought I was gonna have to say that.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

19. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

We talkin bout practice! :D

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

To me it's very clear, and nobody's even mentioned this guy:

RASHEED WALLACE

Latrell Sprewell merits consideration as well.