1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kwame, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

1. Tracy McGrady

68 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Yao Ming

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Rafer Alston

21 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Shane Battier

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. Ron Artest

11 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Steve Francis

139 vote(s)
    24.5%
  7. Aaron Brooks

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. Carl Landry

69 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. Chuck Hayes

36 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

31 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

But nobody ever says he can. He isn't dubbed 3rd scorer or savior of our offensive woes. We win 22 games with Battier in the lineup.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Right now this minute to me -'Other', Joey Dorsey.

There's reason for optimism with Dorsey. Its not hard to forecast that he can lend something to the team & I'd feel confident playing him. But he's been penciled in as a sure replacement for Landry, replacement for Hayes, and replacement for Mutombo.

Its basically saying Dorsey will be 2nd team All Rookie, or easily filling the shoes of 2 of the better interior defenders in the league. With people making all kinds of reasons how he isnt undersized/under-height at center.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I feel like I should mention Luis Scola as a candidate for most overrated, simply because no one else has yet mentioned him and he didn't even make it to the poll.

4. joesr

joesr Member

1)
    (actually it was the replies saying his percentage sucks that made me post this)

2)
    (at making twice the money if not more I would expect it so, you act like Rafer is making 10 mil plus, get real)

3)
    (again your acting as if Rafer is making the big money as the names listed, while I am comparing names and twice the money makers to show he isnt doing bad your using money makers with 4 percent better shooting to make him look bad. as if the 7 million difference in pay wasn't enough.)

So who is it you see organizing the team as the movement continues? If you even say T... then your just a blinded past follower, /sigh

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Heathen. No matter what happens in the season Morey is the best GM in the country. If the NBA were a fantasy league right now, Morey would have haggled his way to 8 of the first 10 picks. If those 8 picks all get injured or choke in the final shot to get them to the NBA Finals, is that really his fault???

Of course not, because he just fleeced half the league into nabbing 8 of the top 10 picks!

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Not even a question, Carl Landry. Sure his dunks and such are spectacular. But get over it, HE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's not entirely true. A lot of people were saying that he was part of the big 3 when he initially started playing for the Rockets. It's only now that most people are starting to realize what you are saying. In fact some people on this board who are praising the addition of Artest were saying there wasn't any need to add another 3 because we have Battier.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

David Thorpe (ESPN contributor and NBA skills coach) disagrees:

[rquoter]
    Ben (Austin, TX): Is Carl Landry really as good as his PER suggests?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Yes, he's special.
    [/rquoter]

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Well, why hasn't he been signed yet? The main reason, I believe is his kneeeeee. I mean sure money is playing a role, but the man has a chance to play for a championship team or he'd already be in Europe. Sorry, Landry is a no go for this team.

10. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

none of them is overrated, but i think most of them are underrated

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Haha, you are the other guy. I am second.

By the way people here reacted to the trade like he's our savior, I'd say he's oveerrated. He's a very good player, with lots of baggage. He could be great for us. But savior? We'll see.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Artest is an interesting name for being overrated too on this board.He is good but not a savior. Not as overrated as Shane on this board IMO.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shane is both overrated and underrated. Some thinks too highly of him. Some other people just don't appreciate what he offers. Because of the debatable nature of the trade for him, some who hate the trade channel their hatred into dissing Shane.

Artest, on the other hand, has very little negative things on this board yet. We got him for cheap. So everybody is ecstatic, thinking him more than what he is and brushing aside his negatives.

What we give away in acquiring a guy has a lot of effect on how much he is rated. If we gave away a lot, people would compare the guy with what we gave up and usually underrate him. If we gave away very little, people would tend to overrate him.

14. redao

redao Member

basically, you are saying Rafer's salary is low. I am saying Rafer's basketball skill is low... I think we are in agreement. Rafer is a rightly paid scrub.

your last sentence shows that you are an idiot. not worth arguing with you.

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Scottie Pippen, Eddie Griffin, Charles Barkley. The current players are not even close.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realized Charles Barkley lead us to the Western Conference Finals, plus was in the league leaders in rebounds??

Who was the last Rocket to get 33 rebounds in a game?

That would be SIR CHARLES.

17. Landlord Landry

touching. ;)

18. LoveRoxHateJazz

I hate to be the guy to post this, but...

Is there a chance Landry used steroids? He was a beast for 3 weeks straight, then it looked like he just lost a huge step.

I mean, with his agent whispering it's your contract year in his ear, maybe?

maybe no.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

steve (as he is the highest in the polls) is just plagued by his injuries..

i really think that chuck has stayed on this team for too long, and that he's not contributing...

20. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

so Yao and Tmac gets somewhere around 30 votes when Artest only has 6?
    :rolleyes: