1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most hated Rocket ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Likemike33, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I hate people who have a profession and not only know nothing about how to succeed at it or how to make themselves better at it, but also being ignorant about it.

Hence, my vote goes to....

Clueless Cuttino Mobley.

2. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Scottie Quitten-(sacked up all of one game when he scored 37pts)
    Charles Broccoli (his ball hoggin rubbed off on Mobley)
    Bryce Drew (never amounted to $hit, on second thought he did)
    Matt Maloney (See Bryce Drew)
    Moochie Norris (Troll should be on the end of a pencil)
    Mo Taylor (Only thing Powerful about him is his appetite)

Mad Max does not make this list. All I care about is that he played every minute like a man. I know that he had issues and please may God help him with his struggles. But he brought it every single night.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I agree, and I'm glad you pointed out Barkley's ball hogging. What's so hillarious is hearing him complain about Francis and Mobley being the ball hogs till this day. The guy played about 30 games with Francis and it still sticks in his craw. What a hypocrite. Barkley was my favorite player right up until the time he spat on that little girl. Even if he was trying to spit on someone else, why are you spitting into the crowd in the first place? Grow up Barkley.

What I hated the most about the Barkley days was some fans actually thought his fat a$$ should get the ball more than Hakeem.

I used to like Moochie but even I can't defend his out of control play. His play this past season pretty much summed up why it was time to let Rudy go.

But I don't think anyone was more hated than Minniefield and Cheivous. Those two sum up the mediocre eighties.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't get all the Barkley hating. Don't get me wrong, he's not exactly my favorite player but I think a lot of his ballhogging was less about him being selfish and more about the offensive system at the time. Toss it down low, wait for the double team, find the open man. If the double team didn't come, dribble until it does.

He was just executing the offense just like it was drawn up...

5. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

I can agree with that to an extent. Part of the system or not, it was still ball hogging and ugly to watch. Once Chuck was gone Cat thought that somebody had to assume the ball hogging role and naturally it was him. It like the worst part of Barkley's game fell off the tree and sprouted a Cat Mobley.

I am more bitter about the fact we got him and got rid of Horry and Cassell. We could still have both of these guys. They would still be part of our 8 man rotation.

#85 RCKTBachar, Jun 19, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  6. cparka

cparka Member

Yeah, I knew about that too.. Had it been me, I'm sure that the fan would have had more coming. It just turned into such a PR nightmare for the Rockets and for Maxwell that that instance became one of those things we'd all like to forget about. It's not that I don't like him because he did that (he's one of my favorite players), it's just that people on this board seem to dislike him for being a headache among other things...

7. verse

verse Contributing Member

yes, i do remember! leavell just started choking the ref and mid court! :eek: it's even more bizarre when you consider that allen was never really considered a hothead.

oh, and that jumpshot form was just gross. but, i do admire him for fighting through that broken elbow to make it to the nba. that's what changed his once normal form to that mutant, grotesque form.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are you talking about his beard? :D

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I agree, and I'm glad you pointed out Barkley's ball hogging. What's so hillarious is hearing him complain about Francis and Mobley being the ball hogs till this day. The guy played about 30 games with Francis and it still sticks in his craw. What a hypocrite.
    What I hated the most about the Barkley days was some fans actually thought his fat a$$ should get the ball more than Hakeem.

That would include Rudy T. Barkley was the best option in the low post because he was equally unstoppable 1-on-1, but was a much better passer. Rudy and staff kept stats on it and the Barkley post up was our most efficient play. That is probably less acurrate than some nebulous gut feeling based on nostalgia that pgabrial had though.

Barkley was my favorite player right up until the time he spat on that little girl. Even if he was trying to spit on someone else, why are you spitting into the crowd in the first place? Grow up Barkley.

It probably would have been better to run into the crowd and attack someone a la Mad Max. :rolleyes:

11. tnopham

tnopham Member

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I guess that's we went out in the first round Barkley's last years. Guess what, I may have been hypocritical but Vernon helped get us a ring so he gets way more leeway, Barkley who was supposed to get us a ring couldn't rotate his fat ass over on Stocton. How's that for historical accuracy and nostalgia?

13. farhan007

farhan007 Member

thats the same as saying everyone loves the mooch:(

14. farhan007

farhan007 Member

If Molone was a Rocket it would be him;)

15. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I hate titto madox or maddox i dont remember how to spell his last name, how can he get playing time and nachbar just watching or "injured".

16. UHcat

UHcat Member

AND nobody agrees with you.

17. earlcureton

earlcureton Member

i hate the other scottie, scottie brooks, aka energizer bunny. He punked out Rudy for trading him.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

J/k, I hate Rudy T also:D

18. Mook

Mook New Member

Dave Fietl...

19. Yao Dat

Yao Dat Member

SCOTTIE QUITTEN :D