1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most hated Rocket ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Likemike33, Jun 16, 2003.

1. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

If my memory serves me he did not play a single game in the playoffs. He did not get a ring either.

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

1. Pippen (Overrated)
    2. Mo Taylor (Lazy)
    3. Cato (See Mo-T)

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I also hate Snottie Quitten, but:
    [​IMG]

Oh, I know he is a kid in the picture, but I couldn't find one from his p*rn days. :)

4. Toast

Toast Member

1. Scottie Pippen
    2. Vernon Maxwell
    3. Thomas Hamilton

I can't believe no one's mentioned Thomas Hamilton yet. Dude was a whale at like 500 pounds, complained that he never got any PT or any touches. Then Rudy T cut his sorry @$$, and I think he was last seen at a Mickey-D's inhaling french fries or something.

I really don't hate Lew Lloyd, Mitchell Wiggins & John Lucas. Yeah, they made some bad personal decisions, but honestly, during that time, which team DIDN'T have a couple of guys at the end of the bench hiding their heads under their towels while they sniffed a couple of lines? They were talented, which made it hard for us to lose them, but that doesn't make me hate on 'em.

5. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

If you knew any better you would know that Yao wins EVERYTHING no matter what!:D

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think that's right..i remember game 1 of that series very well...and i don't remember max playing at all.

remember too, he battled anemia like dream did at the end of the season.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

OK, I think I remember it like this:

He was on the playoff roster when the playoffs started. Then he said something to Rudy to the effect of "If you're not going to play me, why am I here?". Rudy then took him off the playoff roster and that's when Max walked out.

I could be totally wrong on this though. It wouldn't be the first time...

8. earlcureton

earlcureton Member

I remember the game before Hamilton?? got cut. I was just laughing because Hamilton was put in, missed a pass, and then rolled his eyes like it wasn't his fault but the person passing him the ball. Then I read he got waived because of comments like "why you let that pig (Anthony Miller) play instead of me!"
    LOLOLOL:D

9. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

you got most of it right. He was on the roster, was mad because Clyde took his starting spot and and he did not play much in the first game or 2. Rudy told him My way or the highway and Max Split. He was still on the roster. Playoff roster are basiclly set in stone uless injurys dwidle you down to just 7 or 8 man roster

10. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Current: Moochie
    Historical: Pippen

11. Yao Ming #1

Yao Ming #1 Contributing Member

It has to be Allen Levell. He is the only guy who dribbled more than Moochie.

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Don't knock Allen Leavell. He is an all time fav with alot of old time Rocket fans.

I loved Leavell because he had the funky jumpshot where he stuck his elbow out to the side. Plus, he had the cool looking beard.

Leavell is also famous for physically attacking a referee in the CBA. Don't know if anyone else remembers that.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When I first saw the basketball coach at St. Johns, I swear I thought it was Allen Leavell. I went for a long time thinking that until I saw a them mention his name on Sportscenter.

14. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

All of you are wrong!!!!!:D

Ok it went down like this... Mad Max did play in game one and played rather poorly, yet we were down by I believe two or three with one or two seconds left and Rudy brought in Vernon for the final heave which was almost a half court shot.... The shot believe it or not hits the back of the iron 3/4 of the way in and bounces out to the left.

I remember thinking that our luck must have run out because he usually hit those shots... Anyway he got kicked off the squad before game 2 becuase he was upset that Clyde took his starting position...:confused:

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

On the Clutch City Steve Francis is probably hated more than anyone. After Rudy got fired- a poster mentioned that the board would be happy if Steve Francis got burned up in a car wreck. It put things in perspective.

My most hated Rocket is Matt Maloney, followed by Sedall Threatt...

I also hated that cut throat Charles Jones

16. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Sorry about the Charles Jones remark - I actually liked him and respect his basketball mind - he will be a good coach somewhere.

The remark was in very poor taste.

17. earlcureton

earlcureton Member

how about earl cureton?

You like earl cureton?

18. JamesC

JamesC Member

What did Sedale Threatt do to you? :confused:

19. xcharged

xcharged Member

Easy one..Matt Maloney.

I hate anyone getting money for nothing...

20. steve francis

steve francis Member

Don't people remember the name "Quitten"? Besides him, about Thomas Hamburger Hamilton. He was easy to hate.