1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our starting PG next season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How about a veteran sharp-shooter and former Allstar?

[​IMG]

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So we're trading Howard and Harden now?

Or will they continue to be there?

As shown, Beverley's presence had greater impact than that of the 2 players you are moaning about losing. And it is no slight on him if he fits well with the 2 actual 'franchise' type players on the squad.

Ariza looks to fit the offence like a glove, he shoots better than Parsons [ok, maybe just in contract years?], can pass, and can pump fake, put the ball on the floor with one dribble and use those long strides to get to the hoop.

The main concern is a backup PG.

Of course if we were to get a legit starter, Bev could be that backup PG, and I would be thrilled. The off-season isn't yet finished, and just because we discarded some rotation pieces from last season doesn't mean we won't have rotation pieces for this season.

3. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

my god no. Rondo maybe?

4. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Bev is a horrible passer.

If you pay attention, he back out of passing the ball down low to DH often due to his below average passing.

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

We really need Nelson, he fits like a glove on this team

6. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

That also ran the pnr with Dwight to a Finals appearance

7. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

My bad, I glanced and thought that was Jameer

8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think it needs to be Rondo. I don't know how we get him but my hope is that Morey can pull it off.

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Untrue.

10. JD88

JD88 Member

Beverly had one year as a starter.

Just like Harden had one year as a starter.

He'll get better, as will everyone on the team except maybe Dwight.

11. JD88

JD88 Member

Also with Bev's work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in and average 12,6,4 next season.

12. SuperManRocketz

lmao you cant be serious..

13. Asian Sensation

I'm not moaning about losing Asik and Lin (yet because we still have time) but they provided quality depth and production. When you have a deep team everyone gets pushed down on the depth chart. When you don't have much depth everyone else has to move up the depth chart and your weaknesses are more exposed.

Also, Beverley having a greater impact than Asik is not true. Even if it were last year it's only because of the circumstances and I still don't think he had a greater impact. Asik is certainly way more valuable than Bev and it's not even debatable. And if Lin didn't have the albatross contract he did and if both guys were getting paid the same amount... he's a very comparable player to Bev in terms of overall value and many could argue Lin is more valuable and be justified depending on what you need and who else is on the roster. This coming from a guy who didn't care for Lin.

14. SuperManRocketz

Bev will be gone soon dont worry about that just give it another season..he will be forgotten and rockets fan will never mention his name no more since JLin wont be playing with him

15. helpourselves

helpourselves Member

Yes!!

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bev is on the hot seat. AB, Lowry, Dragic, AB, Lin ... Bev

17. dream2franchise

Mr 94 Feet!

As for Rondo, with the drafting of Marcus Smart surely Rajon is available and plays big in big games.

I believe his defense, court vision and rebounding make up for his shooting.

Considering the options out there, I'd be very happy to see Rondo in red.

[​IMG]

Bev seems motivated for this year and is ready to go after it. It's great to see.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If they trade Beverley I will never take Daryl Morey seriously again

He has almost just as much of an impact as harden and dwight, but just on the other end of the court. Most of the best ranked teams in the nba have their PG being one of their top players such as Westbrook, curry, Parker , Lillard, Lowry, rondo, ect.. And with Beverly being ranked 7th in defense, that has a huge impact on the other teams offense. His D along with his average 10-12 points a game is worth having him over a star PG. Bev shuts down a teams top player while we have harden and dwight do the offensive dirty work.

We were the top scoring team in the league last year(I'm pretty sure). All we have to do is work on our defense

19. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Begin the season with Beverley as the starter and Nick Johnson as backup if he can prove himself in the preseason. If Johnson proves he's ready, he might be able to challenge Beverley for the starting position. If Johnson doesn't look good in preseason, we'll have to go with Canaan.

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Doesn't matter, always Harden there.