1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Valio!

Valio! Member

Including Hakeem, what free agent centers remain that we could get our hands on? These's Hakeem....umm....well...umm...
    Sabonis...umm
    I dont mean fake centers either..
    someone with height and bulk who can be a presence in the middle...

------------------
    "Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." - George W.

2. lilAllenIverson112

There is Marc Jackson and Narz Mohammed is going to resign with the Hawks. I think we should stay with the bums as center.And wait next yearuntil the real ballers come out. [​IMG]

------------------

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Marc Jackson for $4.5mil

------------------
    Rudy T. will find and fulfill Rockets destiny.

4. Band Geek Mobster

Pig Miller's cheaper...and less injury prone.

------------------
    President of the CC.net Realist Club, everyone needs a dose of reality once in a while...

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Calvin Booth

An active player on defense that can disrupt an offense by blocking shots and tipping passes. Could be a good zone center.

Foul prone...but with Olajuwon, Cato, and Collier this won't be a problem. Third world offense. Rebounding is good for a shotblocker, or average, maybe slightly below average, for a non shotblocker.

Man to man defense could use some work, but I haven't seen him since he was a bench warming wizard. Anyone see him in the Dallas-Spurs series?

------------------

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind Calvin Booth, he is an explosive shotblocker, and would be a nice addition if gotten cheap!

------------------
    "Instruments are like women: After a while, you want to make love to another."

- Nicolas Godin of the musical duo Air

7. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Endtroduction..........

8. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

If we don't end up with any FA center the worst posibility is that we could sign Axel Dench which isn't bad. He is a real center not a PF playing center, has a consistent outside shot(3pt Range Included,RT loves that), can set screens(some mean ones too), and has a big body(7ft,looks at least 270lb). Just my opinion, of course I would love to sign Marc Jackson and definitely get back Dream.

------------------

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

LA#1 -
    You beat me to it. If Dream goes, I would not be surprised to see Dench with a one year deal and a team option for year 2.

Anybody know what became of Pig Miller?

------------------
    Raef to Rocks in '01-'02!

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Corliss Williamson has been renounced by the Pistons.....hmmmmmmm.....he'd be a good backup.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really don't think Axel is a very good option. He struggled to guard centers in Australia at times - he looks slow laterally and he's pretty foul prone as a result.
    Offensively he's everything we need, but I'm not sure what sort of defensive option he is..... (probably only about 240lbs too)

------------------

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

His parents were cousins

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrNuegebauer (edited July 19, 2001).]

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

14. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

HOOP-T, if your want the Rockets to sign Corliss as a backup center you can forget it he's only 6'7. Altough I wouldn't mind having him back up Mo at the 4. But KT's salary will be far less than what it would take to sign Williamson.

------------------

15. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

i thought corliss was a sf

------------------
    What is the difference between Kelvin Cato and Macey Gray??

Macey has bigger hair

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Big Nasty is a SF who can score in the paint and rebound. Really he would have been a great addition, before we added 2 more small forwards in Griffin and T-Mo. Now we've got bigger areas of need.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.