1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's going to the open practice today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #22, Sep 26, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hopefully the poor organization is due to the management team being tied up in trade talks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am sure that you will find a chance to have him sign it at some other time :)

And I can't believe you bought a UK jersey! You don't have a Chuck one do you?

3. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

haha. well half a chuck one. I bought the UK jersey at a thrift store in North Dakota for $2. It had no name, just the number 50 on the back. I took off the zero, cut out four 4's from fabric and sewed 2 on the front for chuck, and one on the back to make it 54 for Patterson. My original intention was to just do patterson to wave in the rowdies section to welcome him, but this turned out better.
    I tweeted him saying I wish I could have gotten your autograph on it today and he replied
    "I would of signed it if u wanted me to. I didn't no u wanted it signed." so I told him the lady said only one item, which I chose the cap, and that I'd catch him at a Rockets game this year.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I saw that tweet :) He's cool.

I like that idea with the jersey... now you just have to hope (with me) that Daryl doesn't trade either one of them! ;)

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

doubt it...they usually have a separate team that handles these kinds of events that have no basketball connection. I think they usually get volunteers withint he building to help, but who'd volunteer during this sunday? The players themselves probably were in a rush to get back to the game.

6. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Haha! Yes, so my jersey does not depreciate in value! lol. No, I really like them both. I'm hoping he doesn't!

7. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

I thought the same thing at first, but after looking at it again I'm pretty sure Hill gave him a boost.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Oh, I see that now, lol. That would've been an epic dunk if he did that himself. I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Was really disappointed this year. The only reason I was happy was cause I got to take a picture with the trophies which was awesome. And I got to meet Brad Miller, Courtney, Brooks, and Hayes. But I was surprised cause when I had the guys sign my hat I told Brooks he had already signed it, he was like oh yeah I met you last year thanks for coming back out to see us. :cool:

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

for the people that went, do you guys remember when scola and the fan where playing HORSE? when it came to the last letter for luis, jared jeffries started pressuring luis to make a dunk, luis misses the dunk and everybody laughed, the whole time i was looking at jeffries he laughing so hard it was ridiculous! i wanted to trow something at him and yell, you cant even make a layup!

11. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Seemed like it started late and ended early..Thought it was put together much better last year.

12. TexasTdub

TexasTdub New Member

Here are some pics I took. Sorry my digi cam is old and takes crap pics, the other half is from my phone.

Rockets Open Practice

13. 757

757 Member

Dude I think you were sitting right next to me! I'm the one with the gelled hair and glasses in the video! :grin: