1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whom should ve blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hangxy, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Blame Juwan Howard. After a guy makes five or six wide open three pointers and is dominating your entire team by hmself, you might have a thought to go out and contest his shot every once in a while, or maybe that's just me.

2. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

its threads like these that really pisses me off. every year when the rockets are going through hard times, somebody in the garm always plays the blame game. "fire gundy", "trade this player", trade that player". i swear, some of you people are ******g crybabies. :rolleyes:

3. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Blame the other team for trying too hard. :p

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Thats got my vote

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I was thinking they are YOF's who know absolutely nothing about basketball.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Do we still have any of those on board?

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Did you catch any games last season?

When we got hot, it was because the players got comfortable in the system which in turn let JVG loosen up the offense. Once this years players get comfortable (it's just a matter of time) JVG will do the same thing.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

We have a winner! :)

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I see YOF's. everywhere.

You have to have the gift.

10. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Do not blame anyone - the team needs time to mesh and learn how to play together. There is so much a coach can do with time constraints to help a team develop. I wish training camp was longer.

There are talented players on this team. I am looking forward to a few home games with everyone on the same page-this will help.

It would help if Sura was coming back soon, but no matter- we can and will develop our chemistry and become a better team than last year.

We need to maintain that tough as nails defense (from last season) that Van Gundy had instilled. All else will fall in place with the team we have.

Patience!

11. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I'd cut them a little bit of slack. They are learning very slowly, but nothing ever seems to be Yao's fault, which is tiresome.

12. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I think tis still too early to start assigning blame. Just a tad bit more patience is in order. It ain't the middle of the season ya know :p ...

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

5 more games for me. Then I will start blaming like there is no tomorrow.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No most fans can't wait,

All these band wagoners tend to forget this is an 82 game season.

Reading threads like this is like reliving the first part of last season all over again.

The team will be fine in the long run.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This gets my vote....

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I direct you to the article in the Chron in reply to this.

next?

17. blink

blink Contributing Member

rockets had a slow start last year so this really doesnt bother me... they can lose the next 3-4 games i wouldnt be worried... we have the makings of a very good team... .they just need time to gel.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Fine, blame whoever was supposed to rotate to cover RL, or blame Van Gundy for not switching up the defense to have Juwon stay home on RL, or blame Juwon for not taking it upon himself to ignore the plan that was getting them beat by 20 points. If I were an NBA player and a journyman like LaFrentz was lighting me up for 27 points in the first half, I would be embarrassed. Its only one game. It isn't like this loss counts more than the loss to NOK. It is just sad to see a team that is supposed to be a title contender get worked over by Boston.

19. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

This quote has puzzled me. Who made these mistakes?

Was it JVG not adjusting his game plan?
    Or was it players not rotating as demanded?

Who were the players that were supposed to rotate out onto LaFrentz? Was it the center, sf, pg, or sg?

If I remember correctly, LaFrentz was left open on the pick and roll when Yao was involved in the pick and roll. This usually means that Howard steps up to guard whoever the big is on the pick and roll if they roll as our gameplan is always to trap pick and rolls with our big and our small (usually Yao/Swift/Deke and Alston/Head). So was it the responsibility of our SG or SF to step out on LaFrentz?

Oh, and I seriously doubt that Juwan made no mistakes... But if JVG says so, who am I to argue.

20. moomoo

moomoo Member

I haven't re-watched the game yet, but my guess would be that in most cases Yao was guarding Mark Blount, while Howard guarded LaFrentz.
    1. Mark Blount sets a pick to start the PnR
    2. Yao has to leave Blount to step out and double team/trap the ball handler.
    3. Howard leaves LaFrentz and rotates over to guard Blount.
    4. ?? rotates over to guard LaFrentz

Who specifically was supposed to rotate out to Lafrentz (obviously one of the other backcourt/wing players), I have no idea...anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.