1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

whole ENCHILADA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLAGRANT1, Aug 28, 2001.

Tags:
  1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Do you guys think this lineup.................

pg-WINK
    sg-CAT
    sf-TMo
    pf-MoT
    c5-Griff..............can win a championship.

If so, who will be the team leaders in points,stls,reb,blks......
    If not, why and what changes would you like actualized.

Only 62 more days:D :D !!!!!!!

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Griffin doesnt play Center, TMo will not start and i didnt know that "c5" was a position in basketball :confused:

3. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Do you think .... these guys could win it all ....

Steve
    Cat Man
    Unproven Rookie Swingman
    Mo Taylor
    LaMarr Odom

.... could win it all?

Because you are getting awfully close to the Clipper's roster ..... and I will give the Clips their due, they will be a terror this season .... huh?? yep! ..... but I will not elevate them to be champions yet .... just like the lineup you posted

Answer .... NO

4. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I'm projecting what might be. Participate or don't reply.

P/S

Point Gaurd-1
    Shooting Guard-2
    Small Forward-3
    Power Forward-4
    Center-5

I apologize if I ruined your day (c5) I'll be sure to be more anal next time I post. word.

5. j-bone

j-bone Member

Flagrant1, I think eventually Griffin will play center because he's a lot taller than most people give him credit for. I honestly believe he may be pushing 6'11". He doesn't have the body type or strength but who does besides Shaq. Look at other centers such as Ratliff, Lafrentz, Keon Clark, Camby, etc.....They don't have the center type body but they are good shot blockers and rebounders and that why they play the position. I agree very much with your lineup with the exception of TMo because Rice will start.If I were Rudy, I would try Griffin out at center also.

6. DrewP

Flagrant, please pull the stick out of your ass before u resume posting. Don't take criticism too harshly or you'll go crazy on this board........

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The WHOLE Enchilada takes on a WHOLE new meaning! :eek:

8. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Duly noted.

Do any of you think 2 years from now that lineup is consistently winning 60+ games? If not, what changes would you make?
    If so who are the team leaders?

Have a blessed day ..................especially Andrew :)

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Do any of you think 2 years from now that lineup is consistently winning 60+ games?

Is there anyway you can seriously answer that with a yes or no? It all depends on how well Morris and Griffin turn out. With Griffin, it's more physical. Is he tall enough, and can he bulk up enough to play the 5 and not lose much of his quickness? With Morris, you run several questions. I think Morris will be a good role player one day, but it's far from certain. He needs to regain his confidence and he needs to work hard at improving his ballhandling. I think that lineup could win 60+ games if things went the right way, but it's way too early to tell on Griffin and especially Morris.

10. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Assuming we have this lineup in 3 years (after Griffin bulks up and Rice's contract expires)...

Points - Francis and Mobley should be right around the same average in the low to mid 20's.

Assists - Francis should be able to put up around 8, maybe 9 assists in 3 seasons.

Rebounds - Griffin. I think he'll get around 12 rpg 3 seasons from now. Taylor will be around his prime then and should be able to get around 8 rebounds a game.

Steals - Francis will lead in steals with anywhere from 2 to more than 3.

Blocks - Griffin will lead this for sure.

3pt % - Francis. He shot around 40% in his 2nd season.

FT% - Francis and Mobley should both be in the high 80's to low 90's

FG% - I predict Kenny Thomas will lead the team in FG% in 3 seasons if we still have him. He has nice footwork and can spin past most other big men. Once he consistently gets his spinning layups to fall he should have a high percentage.

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i thought flagrant responded beautifully to that critisism. you on the other hand drewp......

i think the leaders would be
    francis = 20+ assists, one tech per
    mobley = 50+ points
    terrence = double figures in all offensive stats and top 5 in defensive stats
    maurice = 30+ points, 4.5 rebs per
    griffin = 10 blocks per 25 rebs and one tech per

82-0
    3-0
    4-0
    4-0
    4-0

12. DrewP

YEA, now i see what u mean fba34. i am the one that totally over reacted :rolleyes: ............. oh wait, i just realized i'm actually acknowledging something from a newB who predicts the rockets not losing a game the entire year and predicting mobley at 50 plus points a game..............

13. Yakeem ASunKing

I too like the clippers a lot this year. I predict them to go to the western conference finals and lose in seven to the Rockets.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i forgot to mention rockets also get coach of the year, mvp (mobley), defensive (griffin), 6th man (moochie), most improved (maurice), rookie (morris), slam dunk (francis), 3pt (rice), and all the rockets players were selected for all star game, which of course was won by dan langhi.
    finals mvp, with the mj led wizards playing tough d on everyone, rudy went to kenny thomas who averaged 55 ppg, winning finals mvp.
    mj was quoted saying "kenny, he's the dog now".

15. Eddie Griffin

Eddie Griffin Member

:cool: :D :D :D :cool:

16. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

Droopy,

You've been registered for what, all of two months more than FBA? You're both newbies, but some act more newbie than others. Count to ten before you post and when in doubt, let it rest. As for the 82-0 Rockets with Dan Langhi as Finals MVP, well... I'm just guessing, but I think ... just maybe ... F. was being facetious. http://www.dictionary.com/

Stay cool, daddy-o :cool:

17. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

How about just getting in the playoffs first with:

Francis
    Mobley
    Cato
    Taylor
    Rice

That would be OK wid me... :)

18. DrewP

Everything that I have said in this thread was meant jokingly. I might be a newb but i dont consider myself one because i have been coming ot this site everyday for close to two years and i know most of the regular posters on this board....... yes and when u post an incomplete quote add "..." to the end of it. It shows that the person said more than then u quoted them as saying :p ........

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

ANAL-a*nal:

a. Of, relating to, or near the anus

b. Indicating personality traits that originated during
    toilet training and are distinguished as anal-
    expulsive or anal retentive. syn. DrewP

"..................kidding............."