1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you trade for a power forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 12, 1999.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow Hardward

It is a fantasy basketball post. "What would you do if you were GM? scenarios. come on. don't cuss at me.

It's my opinion to say speculative threads usually aren't interesting to me. Are you really taking offense to that? and really extending my one remark as a diss to you insight???? i went through this thread because it was getting so much discussion, because i wanted to see if i could find some player salary facts. i noticed popeye's remarks, and wanted to ask him a question.

hardwood...don't cuss at me. it is a "what if" fanstasy thread...a lot of people like them...wow--we take offense quickly to different likes.

popeye
    My questions in short are:
    In a pure trade during the season, what is MTs salary matching requirements. And don't you think the Clips will require a PF in return; (you don't mention one).

I ask cause, I don't think we can compete for MT if he becomes a free agent, either in a sign-n-trade or straight free agent signing.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heypartner,
    The reason I took offense to the beginning of your post was that Ratliff and Taylor both can be had now.Thus not fantasy.I apologize for jumping down your throat and cussing at you.I, apparently,took things the wrong way and hope that there are no ill feelings.I mean it.I'm not the best typist in the world so many times I'm not able to express myself in intricate detail the way I would like without taking an hour to type a post...............Anyway Heypartner,I like your posts and I hope that this misunderstanding can be forgotten and we can all sing Koombuyyah. Peace to you partner,Hardwood Go Rockets!
    and thanks for responding to my thread......

3. Plowman

Supporting Member

Heypartner,I'm DEFINITELY not above talking a little on the court myself..LOL..Who ever knows what the Clips are going to do?That is the most wack organization in sports.They have Brian Skinner and Charles Smith.So,do they want a PF in return?HMMM..I would think so,but Skinner has looked pretty good.Sterling's Goodship Lollypop is not going to get anywhere close to market value for MO in my opinion.As far as the cap goes(Popeye does know a heck of a lot more about this than I do)HeHe,I'm under the impression as you are that we would be matching salaries and not dealing with his potential FA amount.On this I defer to the originally requested Popeye. ready to hit the court,
    Hardwood
    I must admit there are times when the salary cap baffles me.Is there a capologist in the house?

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited December 16, 1999).]

4. heypartner

koomayah hardwood

or however you spell it...hehe

thx for the remarks about enjoying some of my posts. I really had fun last night writing my post on Rudy and my take on his technical foul. I like to entertain with writing about bball. But when I'm looking for a fact or inclined to offer my opinion in the middle of threads, I write too fast as well, and have a tendency to step on toes. No need to apologize: you or me, I believe it comes with the medium of internet communication. I'm no longer offended by email jabs...i try to enjoy...like its talking smack on the bball court--that's fun!!

I don't really know popeye, but now i'm finding he's well respected. i could have easily asked you the same question--and in hindsight, if i had read the whole thread, I would have realized you probably had the answer as well. it is just his caught my eye first, and i like to ask question directly to individuals...not cause i knew who he is....or anything.

so...can you answer my question. Don't you think Clips will demand a PF in return, and don't you think his salary is low enough now to use TMass and 1 other. Popeye implied an expensive dollar matching proposition that I don't think exists until MT becomes a free agent. Once he becomes a Free Agent, I think we are out of the picture.

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Guys:

Nope. The Clipers want talented young guards to mesh with Derek Anderson. They want Bryce or Cat badly.

6. Plowman

Supporting Member

Cab,I say we fork over Drew in a New York minute.I know you'd rather have Ratliff and so would I,but despite the big salary MO will command I think it would be a steal.I know Taylor doesn't rebound well for a power forward,but do you do this deal or wait?

7. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Forget Mo, trade Drew for their pick!!! [​IMG]

8. heypartner

HH,

Any capologists? This is hands-down the most definitive voice of the Internet that I've found.
    http://www.members.home.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

This is a collection from several guys out of their collaboration in the newsgroups. They've been at it for quite awhile. I recommend reading top to bottom before you start citing passages. FAQs have a tendency to hit topics at several angles.

cheers

9. DamonP

DamonP Member

how the hell does thacabbage know what the clippers want???? he doesnt. dont let him get rumors started. he is probably just regurgitating old info from popeye or clutch. no offense i just dont think you can speak for the clippers wants.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Hardwood Hammer:

My guess is that it would take something like Drew+Rogers+Massenberg+Mack to get Taylor, with Drew the center of the deal. Maybe even Mobley+Massenberg+Mack. Personally, both of those deals suck and I would want nothing to do with them. Seriously, I would rather have Carlos Rogers than Maurice Taylor. Rogers is a better defender, rebounder, and most importantly he won't be asking for the maximum. Taylor just doesn't impress me at all and we'd be giving way too much for him.

DamonP:

Yea, you caught me. I am "just spreading rumors." Good thing you're here to clean up on dishonest rats like me. You're the only one making baseless accusations so I would suggest you stop wasting our time unless you have something to contribute to the topic.

11. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

DamonP,

How the hell do you know TCab, doesn't know what the Clippers want?

I have a feeling he was giving his opinion like most of us do here day in and day out. If you disagree with his opinion, tell us why and give your own. Don't just come out of nowhere to blast someone.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.