1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather the Rockets sign and why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 9, 2018.

?

Who would want the Rockets to sign on waivers?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2018.
  1. Tony Allen

9.4%
  2. Joe Johnson

81.1%
  3. Marco Bellinili

9.4%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If Morey acquires Johnson, then I trust Morey. I just don't trust D'Antoni to actually make use of him. I'd prefer to use him as a situational player.

2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I'm legitimately curious, because I just don't see the fit. He moved so slowly on the Jazz.[/QUOTE]
    Because he complement our weakest position in the regular rotation, i.e., stretch four. Anderson has horrible playoff history(shoots 28% from three in last year's playoffs), and JJ is a proven scorer in the playoffs. Besides he is arguably the most clutch player in this generation(most buzzer beating game winners after Michael Jordan), and one of the best iso players in the league even at this age. How many times do you see the opponents giving Ariza/Luc a wide open lane to drive and they fail to convert? Imagine if we put JJ there, he will be deadly.

Best case scenario is he can be the Wizards Paul Pierce for us, none of other buy out candidates has any possibility to be a difference maker.

D-rock likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

joe johnson fills our biggest glaring need -- ball movement and offense off the dribble from the froward position

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

MDA trusts JJ, don't worry about that. But JJ is 36 and on downside of career.

Think how MDA uses Nene, very sparingly but effectively depending on matchups.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Because he complement our weakest position in the regular rotation, i.e., stretch four. Anderson has horrible playoff history(shoots 28% from three in last year's playoffs), and JJ is a proven scorer in the playoffs. Besides he is arguably the most clutch player in this generation(most buzzer beating game winners after Michael Jordan), and one of the best iso players in the league even at this age. How many times do you see the opponents giving Ariza/Luc a wide open lane to drive and they fail to convert? Imagine if we put JJ there, he will be deadly.

Best case scenario is he can be the Wizards Paul Pierce for us, none of other buy out candidates has any possibility to be a difference maker.[/QUOTE]
    Do we think Johnson can play the 4 defensively? He's pretty much the same height as Green, Ariza, and Moute.