1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather have in the rotation? Jeffries or Patterson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Who would you rather want in the rotation?

1. Jeffries

38.2%
  2. Patterson

61.8%
  1. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Jefferies have the bette D, but Pat have more potential... if Patterson gets time to develope this year, he would be a better player than Jefferies by playoffs time.. He can shoot, rebound.. above average defender, and dunk the ball on some pick and roll situations, where Jefferies would try a lay-up.. 82 game's is enofe seasoning for this guy to break out kinda like what Landry did..

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was going to say Jeffries, but he is extremely inconsistent. Just one of those missed lay-ups would have won the game! :mad:

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Ofcourse patterson.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jeffries should spend as much time practicing layups as Chuck spends on free throws. Heck, Chuck has improved!

#44 Deckard, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, you did say when we were negotiating with the Knicks that you wanted Curry over Jeffries, so maybe you can't be too enthusiastic about him. ;)

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

With all due respect, I'm not sure what some of you guys are watching.

It doesn't matter if this team is trying to win now or later, playing Jeffries should be the last option no matter what.
    Defensively he's not better than Hill and definitely not better than Hayes. Offensively he's so bad, everything good he does on defense (which is by far not as much as his 'reputation' would seem to indicate) gets negated.
    Not only is his offensive skill set challenged, but he often tries to do too much, which hurts the team even more. You might get away with playing him against bad teams (like the Nets) and he'll have a decent game every now and then, but the good teams will make you pay for playing a guy like him.

So not only does he not help you win now, but by playing him you hinder the development of guys like Hill and Patterson, who'll be key pieces down the road (either as trade assets or by contributing).
    Especially Hill will be big, since Yao won't (be able to) play on back to backs. I thought Hill played well against the Spurs and in yesterdays game he looked pretty good as well. Especially the second quarter lineup with Yao and Hill upfront gave the Mavs fits. He still got some things to work on obviously, but he's progressing nicely and already helps the team a lot more than Jeffries does.
    Playing Jeffries over Hill makes just no sense, unless you're trying to boost his trade value, which I highly doubt was the reason here.

I understand that that most of this does not anwer the question by the OP, which is "Jeffries or Patterson?". Patterson isn't ready yet and much like Hill he still has to work on a lot of things. So my answer would be neither for now, Patterson later.

7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Chuck. And that is who we'll see in the regular season...

Between Jeffries and Patterson, at this point, Jeffries but that could change significantly by the end of the season.

Neither of them is in there to score, but with RA's offense, opportunities will arise for every person on the court at one point or another, and it helps to be able to avail of those opportunities...

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What reputation he doesn't have a reputation. He came over and everyone thought he sucked. What I saw is a guy he does some things that don't show up on the stat sheets. I watch the games and I think overall he has played better defensively than Hill. It doesn't mean it can't change but that is what I saw. After I thought that I heard Adelman say it himself. It doesn't mean that can't change or that the overall game Hill plays doesn't outweigh Jeffries slightly better defensive play.

As for Jeffries over Patterson. Ilike PP alot. Isee him as our future 4. He may actually turn out better than Landry. That is a major plus. I hope by end of the season PP has earned his spot in the rotation ahead of Hayes. I hope he improves so much Adelman has him in there at the end of games. If that happens that will mean he has progressed defensively and it will also mean we are a better team. If that happens you might be able to get away with a Bud and martin combo to finish.

So in the end I definitely pick PP. I remember Rudy said that he and his stuff go through so much deliberation in gets minutes and who starts and they don't change that just because one player has a couple of good games. That is why an injury doesn't automatically make you lose your place in the pecking order when you come back and that is why PP isn't quite there yet. he will have to prove he deserves to be ahead of whoever it is. Right now it's still Jeffries.

9. momogeek123

momogeek123 New Member

:confused: jeffries is horrible patterson IS A BEAST wut r u talking about

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

None. We need Hayes.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow, can't believe some people here actually voted for Jeffries.

HMmm and OMR are correct, JJ shouldn't be on the rotation. The regular season isn't just about winning games, its about preparing your rookies for the post-season.

Yes, JJ overall is better than PP right now. However PP has a much higher ceiling, if we give him the time to develop now he'll be better than JJ once playoffs arrive. In the off chance we miss the playoffs, its also better for PP to have had the PT instead of Jeffries.

12. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Good post.

13. The Hungarian Rocket