1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather have in the rotation? Jeffries or Patterson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Who would you rather want in the rotation?

1. Jeffries

38.2%
  2. Patterson

61.8%
  1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Hayes .. then Hill ...... then Patterson ................................................... then Jeffries.

Jeffries defense is so overrated it's not even funny. Offensively he's right up their with Malik Allen and even that might be a stretch.

1 person likes this.
  2. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

It's not even close Patterson!!!

3. macho87

macho87 Member

That knick chic was right about his lay-uply challenged ass.

4. PeppermintCandy

Good point. This is why I see either Hayes or Jeffries being used as a backup defensive big off the bench, but not both. Maybe use one or the other depending on matchups and need.

I'd then like to see Patterson consistently get the leftover minutes as third-string power forward. The Rockets could really use his offense at the 4, so the more PT they can give him to develop, the better.

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I would rather have PP but if JJ givesa us the better chance to win we have to choose him

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If this team were in championship mode, jeffries is the guy. Why? He can put the fire out against the hybris 4's like odom,dirk,lewis. He was a 3 now he's that tweener type. What hurts natural 4's like scola and landry types is when they play the hybrid guys, their instincts tell them to stay inside. Well, after dirk is knocking down jimmy and jimmy or stopping in transition knocking down 3'eventually it gets boring. Jeffries is that guy to guard those types. In facts, he's the only one on the team that can guard those types and that includes hayes.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Agree with leeb for once. Jeffries was good against Dirk on defense tonight, and while he may have sucked offensively, I'd rather have both Jeffries and Dirk go for 0 as opposed to Scola getting 15 and Dirk getting 25. He has the length and speed to deal with people like Dirk.

8. leebigez

If you agree with me more, it would improve your bbiq :grin:

9. PeppermintCandy

Hayes may not have Jeffries' length but he still knows how to play Nowitzki tough. Plus, Hayes is great passer and keeps the offense more fluid. So in a game like today,who gets the playing time?

10. leebigez

No he doesnt. He has a hard time because in transition or out on the perimeter, dirk is like a sf and hayes sinks like the other 4's. Off the dribble, dirk has his way too.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Actually, Hayes has pretty good instincts playing perimeter guys. Adelman put him on Granger, for example, early in the pre-season. He also does good job when switched onto a SG or SF.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We should cut you!

13. sefril

sefril Member

this. remember when Hayes guarding Paul Pierce last season? Pierce dribbled and spin on Hayes but Hayes followed him and in the end, he stepped on Hayes feet and missed the shot..

14. PeppermintCandy

Yup, plus Hayes brings more on the offensive end. When he's in there with Miller, the Rockets have two passing bigs to facilitate the offense.

OTOH Jeffries is good at cutting to the basket and giving Miller a target for his creative passes.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, JJ was playing great defense on Dirk. If only he would not be too ambitious with his offense. We will need Patterson for those big PFs. I think he will be a good defender too in the future.

The thing with our 15-man deep line-up, we do need to sit people out. The most likely candidates for that is Taylor and whoever is injured. Tonight that was both Chuck and Kyle. When both those two people play, we'll need to sit others out. Taylor and Patterson, I feel, will most frequently be at the end of the bench.

16. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'll take Chuck over both those guys. I'll take JJ over Patterson at this point. Patterson is still a bit raw for me.

Isn't JJ contract on it's last year? Could make him valuable come the deadline. It would be wise to showcase him and get him playing well.

17. vick

vick Member

Patterson is who needs to be developed. play him now. He might be a future all star. New York was stupid but not crazy. :eek:

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I agree. Play whoever helps the team win now. The Rockets aren't in a "developing players is the priority" mode. They're trying to make a run at a championship. Different matchups on different nights should determine who plays.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Do you believe it ?

20. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

we are all doomed!!!! :grin: