1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you give up for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketboyz1, Nov 17, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Anybody not named Harden, but it isn't happening. What would be better would be if we actually got D-Mo up here so we can develop our own LMA.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

With Lillard clearly not a bust (on way to being a star, but more sample size needed), there's no way LMA will be traded. That's a pretty good core - LMA, Batum, Lillard, Matthews and Hickson. The problem with Portland is they have the lowest bench scoring in the NBA. Even worse than LAL I believe.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Morey's left nut

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Aldridge is an answer with what we have, but then you'd have to give up too much of what we have to get him.

Almost more reasonable to go after a Paul Millsap type where you don't have to give up too much, and can keep a core intact for him to fit into

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Harden and LMA > any combo in reach

6. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Yeah like you can realisticlly do a trade for that...:rolleyes:

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Anything not named Harden. Literally.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What would you give for Hakeem to come back?????

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

It doesn't even have to be Aldridge. Go for Batum instead. Play Harden at PG with Batum at SG. Batum has that Ariza like ability to guard smaller lightning quick PGs like Aaron Brooks. I would salivate all over that trade.

Lin can go to Blazers and dominate the ball at SG as the playmaking combo guard he is which Aldridge will hate. As he hated when Roy was playing with them.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden is the franchise player.

LA is 27 years old.

Harden is 23.

This is a HUGE gap in NBA terms. One says "A player that can still get drastically better." and the other says "A player that has maxed out."

Harden has more value than LA does, so if the Blazers were to trade LA they would be extremely lucky in getting Harden. I doubt they would even try.

As someone said, it would be preferable if the Blazers don't have the season they plan on having and then they might just go a full youth movement...then a package including our young players would not be a bad deal depending on what else is out there.

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

There is nothing the Rockets would ever want to part with that would be enough to pry away Aldridge. He's a Texas guy and would mesh perfectly with the Rockets, but it just wouldn't happen.

The ONLY possibilities would be if the Blazers firesaled the team and went into tank mode because they've stopped winning or have experienced even more injuries, or if Aldridge himself got frustrated with the situation and wanted out.

Outside of that--I mean, he's their franchise player, and one of the more talented big men in the league. You'd have to pay dearly to get him.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Maxed out...as an NBA all-star and one of the top 5 power forwards in the NBA. I mean let's have some perspective here.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Blazers are built to win now. No chance he gets traded. Harden was a special case.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Asik is a near perfect C to put next to Aldridge, as the rim protector/banger he is.

Meanwhile, Leonard isn't as good as Asik right now, but has better offense-defense potential, which makes him probably a better fit for us long-term. I could see a deal involving those two.

But for Aldridge? I'd deal anyone - Lin, Donuts, Asik, Jones, Parsons...name it. The problem is that Portland wouldn't be interested (unless we drop 3 picks and LA stated he wants out).

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Royce White and 50 buses.

1 person likes this.
  16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

everybody not names harden..

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The best realistic player the Rockets can get is Josh Smith. I don't think Josh Smith wants to stay in Atlanta anymore and maybe he'll want to get traded or wait for free agency to sign with another team. And I can see Morey bringing Josh Smith. Trading Patterson, Morris or Terrence Jones(or maybe trade all three) for Josh Smith. I can really see Josh Smith coming here.

18. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Man i can't wait till the 2013 free agency, so many PF free agents available; why trade for LMA when we will have options during free agency!

Paul Millsap
    Josh Smith
    LMA
    Al Jefferson

All 4 of these players were born in 1985 so they are all roughly the same age. And Bleacher Report just wrote an article on why the rockets are the best free agent destination this coming summer...so things are looking up *knock on wood*. We might be able to choose our players on need rather then availability :)

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Since we're dreaming and minni's equally unlikely to give up love. Would you rather give up anyone not named harden for LA or Love?

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'd take love personally