1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you be most willing to trade away?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Oct 15, 2013.

?

Who would you give up easiest?

1. D-Mo

64 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. T-Jones

98 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. D-Mo + Asik

53 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. T-Jones + Asik

41 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. D-Mo + T-Jones

46 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Dude your sounding more and more biased ........ Are you the homeless guy from Portland lol

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like TJones. But of the options presented here, I chose him.

6'9" PFs with athleticism and raw skills are easier to find than 7 footers with skills. That's all it comes down to for me.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't have ever seen him play and think that he can't create his own shot. It's like saying Hakeem Olajuwon couldn't create his own shot.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what a lot of people thought about Dirk after his first year. A lot of people forget that he started out as an absolutely terrible defender.

4. basketballholic

True. But there's a tremendous difference between DMo and Dirk. Dirk is one of the best shooting big men EVER! DMo...will never be that. Now...if DMo had worked all summer on his shot and had come back this training camp just nails from distance...I'd feel a lot better about him. But he didn't do that. His shot is the exact same as it was last year...flat and hard. Simply a Juwan Howard jumper from the 3-point line. That tells me volumes about what DMo is going to become. His ceiling is flattening out to match the trajectory of his 3-point shot. He's going to be an offensive pivot with Al Jefferson style defense. You can't win with that. He'll have to play next to an All-World defensive 4 that can shoot from distance and handle the defensive responsibilities in the paint while DMo ducks out on the lesser offensive player of the opponent. Good luck.

#64 basketballholic, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jones alone.

Donatas showed everyone his ceiling is still higher than Jones' over the weekend

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Morey traded D-Mo for a 2nd round pick I wouldn't even sweat it. Not a fan of his skillset at all.

7. basketballholic

I really believe that they are trying to make DMo or TJones look good enough to be able to trade them for a future #20-#30 first round pick. If they can accomplish that..then you have the basis for a trade bringing in another useful player such as Jason Smith or Derrick Williams..using the salaries of a couple or all 3 of DMo, TJones, GSmith combined.

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

We all know who is the biased one. Can't take the truth that, so far this preseason, your boy regressed from last preseason?

I LOL'ed at Clyde, Matt, and Bill after Jones made his only 3 this preseason:

Bill: Jones banks it in.
    Clyde: Wait a minute!
    Bill: He called it
    Matt: I heard him.
    Clyde: Are banks open on Sunday?
    Bill: I was getting ready to say he is a pretty good outside shooter. I just didn't know he was gonna be THAT good.
    Clyde: I think that was straight luck.
    Bill: I have to agree with you.
    Clyde: Sometimes it's a proof that you get lucky.
    Matt: All that is the guy is pumped up on little extra adrenaline. Good thing he was shooting straight on.
    Clyde: And the funny thing is, he makes it and runs down the court like he meant to do it.

They all laughed...straight clowning. I love those announcers. They are entertaining as hell!

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's too early to say what DMo will eventually be. Again, I'm not saying he'll be "the next Dirk" or whatever but DMo actually performed better in his first year in the NBA than Dirk did.

It's easy to look at Dirk's whole career and say that DMo will never be that kind of shooter, but if you compare their first years, Dirk was a 20.6% 3 point shooter and DMo was a 28.9% 3 point shooter. We'll see how he shoots from there this season, I think simply taking smarter shots and the threat of him driving the lane or posting up will give him some really easy looks from outside.

You don't judge Euro's by their first year in the NBA (or even their second) because it takes some time to adjust to a completely different style of play.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

clear point

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I would take your player evaluation with salt

12. basketballholic

Dirk was 21 in his second season and came back after his rookie season with a much improved stroke. The rest is history. DMo is 2 years older than Dirk was in his second season and DMo is coming back with the exact same stroke he left here with in May. It's a hard, flat jumper. Hasn't changed. Hasn't improved. He's already had 2 extra years to develop his 3-ball. Hasn't done it.

Keep hoping and wishing.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Right, whats to like about one of the quickest 7 foot players in the game who has very good post skills, and good passing ability.

14. Apache

Apache Member

trade Lin

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Which is just about the trade value of Williams. If MIN could have dumped him they would have.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I honestly don't even know why we are discussing this. Morey is the trade maestro and he obviously will do the best thing for the team.

17. basketballholic

Not quite. The reason Minny hasn't traded DerWill is because they haven't gotten enough value in offers for him. They haven't been trying to "dump" him.

Now....if they don't re-up him...then his trade value will take a definite hit..as a lot of teams that may be interested in him will simply want to wait until he's a free agent to pursue him.

18. basketballholic

Yes, he's the maestro. I just like seeing if I can halfway figure out where he's going next. My feeling right now is he's looking for a deal(s) to move out at least 2 of DMo/TJones/GSmith because Morey is all about maximizing asset value and keeping the cap in the most flexible position going forward. I don't think he'll give them away for nothing. But I think he's looking to deal at least 2 of them because he knows that their trade value is going to go down drastically when they are sitting in suits inactive at the trade deadline.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Please refrain from using DMo in the same sentence as Olajuwon, I would hate for the basketball gods to wreak havoc on your life...:eek:

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Of course Lin. He'll probably shoot better this year. But he'll still get his azz handed to him by pretty much every other opposing guard