1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you be most willing to trade away?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Oct 15, 2013.

?

Who would you give up easiest?

1. D-Mo

64 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. T-Jones

98 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. D-Mo + Asik

53 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. T-Jones + Asik

41 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. D-Mo + T-Jones

46 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. basketballholic

What you are failing to comprehend is that if we simply stick with all three of these guys at least 2 of them will have no trade value by midseason.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Age has nothing to do with it. D-Mo skill level and potential on offense along with his height and length gives him the edge.
    If D-Mo becomes a average defender/rebounder,he can make it in the league.
    T-Jones is stronger,and can defend better, but he doesn't have the talent,height and length that D-Mo does.

I feel that we should retain both of them for now,and see how they develop before looking to trade them.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Because Dmo still has a ways to go physically, is longer, highly skilled

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Jones. Because he doesn't have the versatility and mobility/finesse that D-Mo possesses.

NOT Asik, because he's going to be extremely valuable in the playoffs.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Agree to disagree. Thanks for keeping it civil...

6. Swaggerific

Swaggerific Member

Omri Casspi. If he keeps playing like this his trade value will go up.

7. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

DMO because he can't create his own shot , is a liability on defense lacks the rebounding you want in a starter and gets stupid fouls at times . I don't know where y'all get this higher ceiling and more talented BS from jones has had the more consistent jumper , he can handle the ball if needed , he will block shots and is already strong enough while montiejunas has yet to get to the NBA body he needs to thrive. In a perfect world I want both Jones starting with Howard and DMo coming off the bench playing with Asik so He can be the primary post option and Asik or smith ( if Asik is traded ) can focus on defense .

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The team has good balance. Especially if Asik stays on. Once they make the final cuts, the team will be ready. There is really no need for trades.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Among players with any trade value, I predict Jones will be the first one to be traded.

After three games, he is the only one with significant minutes who had regressed from last preseason.

He was terrible against Glen Davis last season and terrible against West this season. He just can't defend against big 4's.

He had terrific games where his FG% was .475 (19/40), and this year preseason he regressed to .421 (8/19). His 3P% wasn't good to begin with and still isn't any good this year.

10. NotChandlerParsons

Surprised that more people want to flip TJones than DMo. I like them both, but TJones has great potential as an interior defender/pick and roll defender. Out of all of our trade scenarios the easiest one for me to accept would be Greg Smith for a second rounder. Love that kid, but he fits in the least with our offense and still hasn't got his fouls under control.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Why? D-Mo with his low post game is clearly superior to Jones. Plus how many 7 footers weighing in at 260+ pounds are there around the NBA? At this point (and to be honest it could change in a heartbeat) D-Mo could have the highest potential of any young PF not named Davis. IMHO D-Mo's future is at the center position. We shall see. Jones is just a slightly undersized PF in my opinion.

12. basketballholic

DMo is an offensive center and a defensive nothing. Good luck with that. We need to trade him for a low level future first rounder if we can make him look good enough.

13. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Dude, Jones being guarded by Anthony Davis and David West so far in the preseason. His numbers are going to take a hit.

14. MichaelG281713

Get rid of Lin. Too much of a sideshow.

15. rocketblood713

I say Dmo and T-Jones but I like what Dmo can bring to this team once he gets everythin going

16. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I almost puked

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im opinion is that we wont be giving new contracts to asik, tjones, dmo

all will be afterthoughts in 2 years time much like morris/ppat were last year

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Why isn't Greg on your list? I'm pretty sure Greg doesn't have a roster spot guaranteed.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The poll doesn't exactly make sense to me... How could you logically be more willing to trade 2 people than 1? You would have to prefer trading one over the other.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You mean the same Anthony Davis whom Jones outscored, out-rebounded, and outplayed as a starting PF???

I guess you weren't here when fans were really excited about Jones' performance before the last preseason game against Magic.