1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who would u pick number one

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovermanbuda, Sep 3, 2002.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

Apology accepted. Its all good

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DREAM!!! I know this answer is completely biased and based on everything he's already done but I don't think I could call myself a Rockets fan if I even thought twice about this.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

it isn't a fair question, we all can remember hakeem as the star he has been, we don't know how ming will be.

4. just_lurking

just_lurking Member

I'm glad Houston drafted Ming and I think he has a huge upside but there's no comparison vs Olajuwon, even as a rookie. Nobody questioned picking Olajuwon #1 at the time. I think too many of the posters here are too young to remember Olajuwon and how good he was right out of college.....

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

The Dream without a doubt, this is a dumb question. :rolleyes:

6. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think you are right on about Jay W. Duke had two of the top three picks in the NBA and a third first rounder and couldn't even make the final four. This is exactly how you spell OVER RATED!!! I think Boozer will be the best Dookie out of this draft.

and you have to pick Olajuwan not even a question.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, but they won it the year before with pretty much the same players, so what? You make it sound like it's easy to make the final four. It doesn't matter how good you are, it's extremely difficult to make the final four. More upsets happen in college basketball than any other sport.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

But we can market MING!!!........ check out all the billboards and the attention we're getting ALL OVER!

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Thats just it it wasn't really an upset. And Battier didn't have anything to do with their championship at all.:rolleyes:

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I like Yao very much, but how can anyone compare him to Houston's greatest athlete ever? I would take Olajuwon, and that is not even considering the player that he later became. Don't get me wrong though I think that Ming's supporting cast will be stronger overall than any line up that we have ever had (maybe not 94 &95).