1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will win a title first for Houston in the coming years?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Jun 29, 2016.

?

Which team is gonna bring home the Chip?

1. Texans

20.3%
  2. Astros

56.8%
  3. Rockets

3.4%
  4. None of these sorry suckas.....

19.5%
  1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

JJ Watt and Hopkins are both top 20 players.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's also easier to not win a championship because it's only one game, as well. Regardless if you're playing in the wild card or in the final game.

Our players could have an off game, while opposing players have the game of their lives? Insta-lose.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So difficult to believe my city can win championships. Even the ones we have can be easily dissed.

It's a huge blessing to have and have had players like Watt and Olajuwon, and (lesser extent) Bagwell. Altuve is quickly repping that mix too.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Altuve, Correa, Springer. Haven't even brought up Bregman.

The team is loaded.

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The Astros are set up best for the next five years but the Texans could possibly win this year if Brock is decent.

With any consistent offense they will have the number one defense and of course if we have a QB we have talent and speed at the skill positions

6. Buck Turgidson

There was no option for Gordon Quan, Joel Osteen, or Sheila Jackson Lee, this poll is invalid.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Rockets are out of the question, so it's between the Astros and the Texans, I'll say the Astros

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I highly disapprove with your opinion...!!

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets are always 3rd on these type of lists because of the nature in which a title is won. Heading into an NBA season you can typically pick 2-4 teams that have a legit chance. On top of that we have to go through the western gauntlet.

In baseball if you are one of the 10 teams that make the postseason, you have a legit chance. The best baseball teams don't always win a series. It's a marathon sport that needs a huge sample of games for the good teams to pull away.

Football is somewhere in between, so Astros, Texans, Rockets. FWIW that's the way the list would be in most years. The Rockets have been our best franchise overall for the last 20 years, but I haven't had a season since 97 in which I thought we had a real chance to win a title, last season was the only one close to feeling like a threat. I felt like the Astros had a real chance to win the World Series entering every year from 94-07 if a few things went right. An I've had a few year in which I though the Texans could win the Super Bowl, including this year.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know who is Hopkins but JJ Fatt a top 20 player? An inborn loser leading his team to 30-0 demolitions at home. He is likely not a top 500 egg ball player and he is definitely not amongst the top 100 Houston sports guys of all time.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hot start? Are you referring to this year's Astros?

I'll go with the Astros. They have a young core that got a little taste last year and also have some money to spend. I'm sticking to my 2017 WS prediction.

I won't believe Houston can ever win a Superbowl until we actually do it, due to our football history (0 conference championship game appearances in last 35 years with 2 different teams). Show me don't tell me.

I believe the Rockets are heading towards an extended down period. This year was just the beginning. We've had it pretty good up till now (only 3 losing seasons in last 31 years), but I just have this overwhelming feeling we're heading towards the abyss currently.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden was too awesome leading us to blowout, record-setting loses against a Curry-less Warrior team :grin::eek:

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Harden is good at:

[​IMG]

Fake tough guy JJ Fatt is good at:

[​IMG]

14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Did JJ not touch your pee pee or something when you asked him to warrant all of this hate for the guy? I don't understand.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Fat JJ Fat couldn't win anything but eggfat eating contest. Just an out of shape eggball fat fat.

16. hvic

hvic Member

currently I think the astros have the highest chance of winning the next championship. texans can have a shot if they happen to get lucky like GS last year and face teams that have injuries

17. FTW Rockets FTW

I don't understand why majority in this city bend over backwards for an over-rated, unathletic, "athlete" who hasn't achieved much except leading his team to embarrassment after embarrassment and total humiliation. I mean 30-0 at HOME? Harden as leader will NEVER allow his team to lose without a single point on the board. And I don't even rate Harden's leadership highly but it's tiers above JJ Fatt's

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's his shtick, just ignore him.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Haha, noobs falling for FTW Rockets bait. Hilarious.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Astros have the best team and brightest future.

Texans are in the league where teams tend to change quicker, even if SB wins have been dominated by a few teams.

Rockets need another superstar, or a far more dedicated roster, but I don't see that happening.

In the end, I have to trust in the last 20 years which tells me we don't win.