1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will start at Power Forward when the Season Starts?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 29, 2012.

?

Who will win the starting Power Forward spot in Training Camp?

1. Patrick Patterson

361 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. Donatas Motiejunas

174 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Royce White

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Terrence Jones

35 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure I've ever see a big guy play smaller than Patterson did last season.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Meh, worthless thread, did not read....Why so bitter, huh?...

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

I'm back to Jermaine Taylor LoL. I think I may shed a tear LoL. Everybody here just wants to whine and complain. I thought this was where real Rockets fans came to voice their opinions. There are a million articles on the same thing; 1. Its the off season. 2. We're all talking about the Rockets, topics are eventually gonna get repetitive.

5. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

LoL cute...

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa,
    [​IMG]

7. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

[​IMG]

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Damn Ninja going HAM

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. What is going on?

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

There have definitely been others who were just as bad, if not worse....

[​IMG]

11. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think either Jones or Dmo will be the starting PF. I feel like they may give Dmo the nod though. He's a proven 4 in international play. He'll surely continue to work on his body until camp.

I think he's a little bit better offensively than Jones at this point - both in the post as well as jumpshot. Not by much though. Terrence is the better defender.

If it's true that Patrick was not fully healed last year etcetera, then he may have a shot as well. I'm not that I buy that though. Mediocre rebounds and blocks. Below avg post game... He'll have his shot though.

12. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

I would like ppat to be gone, he has some value so trade him while he still has it, I'm not a fan of jones I think he thinks he's a 3 to much, has a terrible crossover but always trys to face up dribble, I know people are gonna come to his defense and im one of few who didnt like him. DMO should start, with parsons and asik starting I think we are gonna need offense and he has the best all around offensive game out of all the 4's we have. Plus seeing two 7 footers on the floor in a rockets uniform would be sweet.

13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Now his Username matches his reputation.....kinda ironic, but not really...smh

14. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

All indications are that it will be PatPat. i don't think Royce White will ever be a consistent starter in the league, this is not to say he won't be great off the bench for a winning team. Odds are high that either Terrence Jones or Donatas will take over the sarter's spot the same way Chandler did last year. I would say it is a crap shoot betweent the two but we will truly find out who is better next season as they both will get ample minutes barring a Mega-Morey deal.

15. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

^Truer words

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Which indications exactly because it appears that all indecations point to DMo as the starter:p

I drove past the TC about noon today and Donatas (appearing to bein a very good mood) along with a girl I assume was his girlfriend were going into the TC. It looked like He was being met by someone from the team. Can't wait for the season!

17. ClKent

ClKent Member

Well to me Jones is waYYY more talented than Patterson is on rebounds and perhaps at blocking shots. Which means our coach will likely end up starting him over Patterson at some point this season. I think Jones is your future starting PF.