1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first... Dekker or Anderson?? And what for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will get traded first??

1. Anderson

19.5%
  2. Dekker

14.5%
  3. Neither

66.0%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

When Anderson is on the court he draws the defense out. This whole season is about putting Harden in the best position to succeed. Anderson helps create a ton of room for Harden to operate. Other teams keep a defender glued to Anderson. If opponents sag off of Anderson and leave him open then he can pile up 20 points in a quarter. So even when he is scoring 13 ppg he is impacting our offense greatly.

I just think Harden Morey and Dantoni all like and value Anderson more than a lot of this board does. He's a critical part of the synergy that this team developed when they went 20-2.

He plays a very specific role in this offense.I don't think Wilson Chandler can replace that.

For this team, trading Anderson for Wilson Chandler is a downgrade.

hakeem94 and RocketsTerps like this.
  2. basketballholic

No. He did not voluntarily let DMo go.

3. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Actually 62% of his shots are from 3 but hey let's not let facts get in the way.

Let's see what else we can talk about. 13.8 PER. LOL 18 million for below the league average. Shall we talk about his defense?....

He's allowing his opposing player to shoot 64% at the rim. His DBPM is actually -2.2 LOL. That is good for 379th in the league. Congrats.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah congrats you figured it all out. Plz send your top notch info to DM. Another wannabe stat geek that doesn't understand full context LOL

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmao come on man I was expecting a better response instead of you waving the white flag. You have 7k posts, you can come up with a better argument instead of quitting.

You can do it. I believe in you.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah when I spot wannabe stat geeks who don't actually watch the game there can't be very much actual context on your end

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

How did Bledsoe get added to this conversation? Did Morey have a shot at Bledsoe?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Went like this:

1. OP said "Morey is a big, sell high GM"
    2. @pippendagimp asked, Who did DM sell high on
    3. Some jokes ensued
    4. After some thought, I made a list that ended with "maybe even DMo for a 1st pick" was sell high, if he never regains his 2015 level
    5. dagimp agreed with the list but added that Morey could have sold DMo for even higher in 2015 in the Bledsoe rumor
    6. I responded saying that would have required DM to have a crystal ball to foretell the 2015 back injury, as who knows if that's his high w/o injury, and added further can we really even use that Bledsoe rumor since he's yet to be traded by the Suns, so maybe they were asking for more than DMo
    7. Basketballholic then pounced saying the trade rumor Bledsoe was turned down by Morey, because they wanted DMo as part of the package instead of TJ.
    I didn't read much after that.

#128 heypartner, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. basketballholic

Trade wasn't straight up one for one. Multiple players and picks exchanged. Phx wanted DMo in the deal in place of Terrence. We said no.

10. heypartner

yes, we all know that. It was a pretty big topic. But that wasn't what pippendagimp and I were discussing. Still don't know why you butted in.

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Dekker has higher trade value for sure. We probably value Anderson more then most teams because of our style of play so I don't think we would get equal value.

I hope we keep Dekker but he's definitely the most attractive asset we currently have that we're willing to move.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Because it's an open message board.

And you foolishly attributed this rubbish to me.

Basketballholic then pounced saying the trade rumor Bledsoe straight up for DMo was definitely on the table, and Morey refused

You can't get anything right.

If you don't want me to butt in then message privately.

#132 basketballholic, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    bilaal14 likes this.
  13. heypartner

sigh...I meant I don't know what point you were trying to make when you butted in, since we all knew the trade rumor.

14. basketballholic

No we all didn't know the trade rumor. See the posts above.

15. heypartner

sigh ... "we" meaning, you, me and pippendagimp ... the only ones talking about it when you butted in.

sheesh...go to bed and quit trying to pick an argument.

16. basketballholic

Like I said, this is a public message board. If you want to have a private conversation, then call, text, or message your buddy privately. Dont try to redefine the message board for me. It's not your place. LOL. Aren't you still marching?

17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Rafer Alston = Kyle Lowry
    Aaron Brooks = Goron Dragic
    Donte Greene = Ron Artest
    Etc. etc.

18. heypartner

It wasn't a private conversation. I was trying to sum up why Bledsoe became a topic to D-rock, since he asked.

I edited my post above with your take. Hopefully, that satisfies you.

I still don't know why you said "False" to me, when I was saying it was hard to measure DMo's High value in that trade "and we can't say it was Bledsoe" ... as in straight up. dagimp and I were just talking about Morey selling High, so having a convo about DMo High value. Now it appears you jumped in to say the Trade would have gone down. That's fine, but we were talking about whether Bledsoe was his High Value.

If you want to talk more about this, PM me.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Shut up.... both of yalll... sheesh

20. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]