1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Will Be the Rockets MVP this Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A_3PO, Sep 29, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who Will Be the Rockets MVP this Season

Poll closed Oct 4, 2013.
  1. Omer Asik

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. James Harden

156 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Dwight Howard

102 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. Jeremy Lin

76 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Chandler Parsons

6 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Any other player

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Assuming health, Dwight Howard will end the season leading the Rockets in win contributions using any sort of geeky stat like Win Shares.

Although I did almost click Lin just for giggles. Seriously, no poll with Jeremy Lin will ever always get skewed results, whether as jokes or from his fans.

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

it's definitely going to be Dwight Howard. Already last season it was debatable that Asik was more important than Harden. In terms of rotation and playing the pieces. It will be even more obvious this season with Dwight. Until Harden plays elite both ends. Which he might, but based on last season. Dwight.

3. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Dwight. Because Defense, Rebounds, Blocks and 20pts per game and creating double teams that will make our shooters look like legends.

4. conquistador#11

dwight because he can score 20 plus and change the game entirely defensively.

1 person likes this.
  5. PeppermintCandy

If Howard is not only the team's MVP but playing at league MVP level, this team could be making a trip to the finals this season.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Im going with James Da Beard Man Harden.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure if Harden will be much better than he was last year.

I'm hopeful that Dwight Howard will return to something close to his prime Orlando years, which would make him the team's most valuable player.

1 person likes this.
  9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I love how in every thread you're either hating on Lin or a Lin fan. Best poster ever!

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Howard makes everything so much easier on everyone. He can have an off night and still have the biggest impact on the court. Howard makes everyone else better just being out there. He'll be more consistent than Harden, or just about any other wing player. I think Howard is team MVP but wouldn't be surprised if Harden finishes well ahead of him in MVP voting.

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think you'll be able to make a case for both of them. One on offense and one on defense. Just hope Lin and Asik will be alright with sharing their MVP.

12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Dwight will impact the games the most because of his defense and rebounding - but I still voted Harden. Why? Because he is the one player we can rely on to score, when we need to. He will probably be our best scorer and our go to guy at the end of games.

So, Dwight will do the most heavy lifting during the first 3 quarters, Harden will step up when it counts. And since a player to close out games is the hardest to find, it has to be Harden with Dwight a close second.

13. ILoveWhiteGirls

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Harden.
    I'm hedging my bets here a bit, as I definitely think 2010 Dwight is more impactful than Harden. I just don't really believe in 2010 Dwight existing anymore. Hope to be wrong.

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

League MVP: James Harden

Defensive Play of the Year: Dwight Howard

16. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Terrence Jones

17. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Howard or Harden, depending on who can stay healthy. If both stay healthy, edge goes to Dwight (for playing both ends).

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think it skews the results at all. Obviously, all the Lin votes are either jokes or people with an overly enthusiastic evaluation of Lin's ability. You remove those results along with any other vote not to Howard or Harden, and you get a pretty good idea of what the average Rocket's fan thinks.

If you left off Lin, Howard would do a lot better as he probably will receive a lot of the pro-Lin vote based on Harden and Lin competing for ball handling opportunities. Without knowing the size of the pro-Lin community voting, the data is then skewed.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i think you're the only soul on this planet who gives a ****

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

something something stomp the competition. Am I doing it right?