1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Who will be fired?

1. Gary Kubiak

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Rick Smith

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Both

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Neither

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I know this is somewhat discussed in various threads but I want to get the pulse of the fan base via a poll.

Will Kubiak and Smith both be fired? One or the other? Neither?

I lean towards Kubiak being fired and Smith staying, but what say you?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I hope both.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

But Rick Smith says we're losing because of our defensive line rotations. Not because of bad personnel acquisitions or letting guys go without even trying to keep them. Both both both.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Chris Jones cut and now has 5 sacks with patriots. Smfh

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Neither of them will be fired. Our owner is the idiot who should be fired, but since he owns the team its not a possibility. The best we can hope for is for fans to stop showing up to games until they move the team to L.A, and the next owner who comes to town is actually got his marbles together. Other than that, we're ****ed.

6. Raven

Raven Member

He's almost 80.

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KBKXu3Kg4yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

With McNair, there has been a sense of hopelessness combined with cluelessness since the beginning. McNair can't see the handwriting on the wall, the sky, the universe, anywhere. I don't know how a person can be so successful in one business and so utterly lost in another. Frankly, no matter what happens, there is little reason to think he will get it right. Then again, I thought that there would be no end to the Schaub era until he was unable to walk on the field, maybe in his forties. (I would have never signed Schaub in the first place) So there might be a chance.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Talent on the field is not the reason we 2-7

Rocket River

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Are you referring to the talent that USED to be on the field; much of it is gone. I suspect you are referring to the management of that talent, or what we have left.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If we're lucky

[​IMG]

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, but it is the reason we're not Super Bowl contenders. If you think Kubiak is a problem, blame Rick Smith. If you think giving all that money to Matt Schaub in the offseason was a mistake, blame Rick Smith. If you think giving Ed Reed all that money to suck, and that he was washed up, Blame Rick Smith. If you think wasting 3rd round on Sam Montgomery was a bad move, blame Rick Smith. If you think resigning Brice McCain to get burned by every slot WR and pass catching rb in the league was a bad idea, blame Rick Smith.

There's plenty you can fault Kubiak for, but to say that Rick Smith doesn't share any blame...that's foolish.

They both need to go. 7 years is a long time not to get it right. It's time to move on.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Before you decide who should be fired, answer this: Will the team become better?

I'm not so sure either of these guys gets fired, simply because I can't think of another available coach who would do better with a young QB and Rick Smith seems to be a "Yes man"

I would, however, suggest Oliver Luck as the new GM. As happy as he is as West Virginia's AD, he was the only other finalist for Texas' AD position.

Of course, drafting dudes to specifically take down your kid could present a conflict of interest

14. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XchwE9zVdnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire them all!!!

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Valid arguments. I give him credit for signing Arian, drafting Cush, Watt, Kareem, Duane Brown, Hopkins, Swearinger to name a few.

If one has to go, it's Kubiak.

If it takes Smith to get canned for Kubiak to receive the same fate...DONE.

After reading this post, I'm compelled to want Smith out too.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

i dont understand the hate for bob mcnair. hes been a great owner. gives the fans what they want. this team is star-studded--we've just been the most injury bitten team the past couple years (schaub, mario, two years ago, cush last year, cush, foster, owen, manning this year)

its on kubiak. rick smith has a good draft history, IMO. he brought in cush. brought in watt, swearinger, hopkins, and brown i believe. it's not his fault our players keep getting plucked. its kubiaks fault that the talent doesnt perform

17. Aruba77

Here's some more for you, and the poster directly under you who thinks Rick smith has a good draft history:

look at the missed early round draft picks: Montgomery (3rd) Harris (2nd) okoye (early 1st) Jacoby jones (3rd) Moulden (3rd) Caldwell (3rd) . I'm not gonna even mention all of the 3rd day picks that haven't worked out ...or guys that aren't playing up to their draft status. Rick smith's draft history is extremely mixed. If it weren't for the Mario Williams draft (one of the best in NFL history) or grabbing Watt and Cushing in subsequent drafts, Rick Smith would be a huge failure. Quinn is the best late pick we ever made and he's not even on the team anymore.

Do we want to talk about using a 5 th rounder on a kicker? Do we want to talk about the blown 4th rounders? Fred Bennett, Adibi, Anthony Hill, Sharpton (largely injury related), Carmichael.

Guys...Rick Smith has made some good moves but he's also made some bad moves. He's an average GM who took 5 years to create a playoff team and never produced a Super Bowl contender in 7 years. Now we are looking at the worst season in franchise history. Time to go!

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^OD was a 4th. Barwin got paid. He was a second. Casey got paid. He was drafted late.

Brandon Harris looked good last Sunday so the jury is still out. He looks better than POS McCain.

All in all, the Schaub extension (who knows who was really behind that) leaves a bad taste in my mouth. YOU GONE

19. Aruba77

Not saying he hasn't made some good picks, but if you look at it objectively, go back through those drafts and you we'll see a very average draft record.