1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who was #1? #3? #4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BuckeyeRocketFan, Jul 2, 2002.

1. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

OK, I was just curious and hadn't seen this elsewhere. Sorry if I missed it.

It was posted that Nachbar was the #2 SF on the rockets draft board. All well and good, but it begs the question, who was #1? Dunleavy or Butler? I don't think it could have been Jeffries. Would they have classified Drew Gooden as a SF or PF? I assume PF. And any guess as to what the order might have been #3 after Nachbar?

My guess?
    Butler
    Nachbar
    Dunleavy
    Jeffries
    Woods
    C Jeffries

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's the kind of thing I think the Rockets keep to themselves. Not positive though. That would be some fun information to have as far as what if talk goes.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

My guess would be:
    Dunleavy
    Nachbar
    Butler
    Woods
    Jefferies

...and that just so happens to be how I would have rated them too.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

During the draft, the reporter in Houston mentioned that the Rockets wanted either Woods or Nachbar with the #15. Based on that, I'd say Woods was rated third on their list.

5. shouldgetodom

shouldgetodom Member

Thats only becasue butler was gone.

probably:butler/dunleavy/jeffries/nachbar.I dont believe they would have passed on Jeffries if he was available but you never know,we took turkan over lewis.

6. Heath

Heath Member

Lewis was a 2nd rounder - so we were not the only one that prefered other over him. Lewis might have been higher on Rockets list than any others, but our top 3 happened tobe available.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

actually, the top 2 where nachbar and Woods. The reporter who was in Houston had said that right before they drafted Nachbar. I think the Rockets assumed, obviosly, that Dunleavy, Butler, and Jeffries would be gone.

8. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

Actually, I read somewhere that the way the Rockets rate the draft order regardless of where the player is potentially picked. For instance, Eddie Griffin was rated number 1 on their draft list last year, and they thought they had no chance of getting him.