1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants to make a bet with me that RocketsPimp and Rockets03 have never been to NYC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

I think that you can like teams that are from cities that you have never lived in, unless that team is the Yankees.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Who's to say who is on the bandwagon? Unless, of course, you are already there and see the new arrivals :D .

The bandwagon argument has always been a stupid one. I'm with DaDakota...do whatever floats your boat. If you don't like to go down with the ship when things get ugly, then to each his own.

I have sunk with the Astros. I have sunk with the Oilers. I have sunk with the Cowboys. I have sunk and risen(and sunk again) with the Rockets.

And I will continue to sink or float whenever the ***** it is called for. Got me? Good :cool: .

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Jesus you are ****ing moron! What the hell did I say man? I wasnt in the US till 89 and didnt pick up sports till around 93!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been a 49er fan you idiot! I used the Cowboy analogy to show that I am not a bandwagoner, but you are just too big of a dumb ass to realize it! GO TO HELL AND TAKE YOUR SORRY ASS WHINNY b****ING RED SOX WITH YOU!!!!

4. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

What the world... needs now... is love, sweet love.

I guess we should be happy the two of you are on different coasts, right?

5. haven

haven Member

Nobody who's not from the place should root for a team with one of the 5 highest payrolls in baseball.

Sorry, baseball's all about large-market/small-market dynamics. Yeah, the Yankees are relatively well-managed. But if Gerry Hunsicker had a budget like Brian Cashman, I guarantee you the Astros would have won more World Series in the 90's than the Yankees.

Imagine the Stros if they still had Mike Hampton, Daryl Kile, and Randy Johnson.

They wouldn't just win the World Series... they'd win 130 games.

6. R0ckets03

I am sorry I dont have your permission to cheer for the Yankees, but I could care less. :p

7. haven

haven Member

Who cares if you have my permission?

I'm saying it's the equivalent of cheering for the bully to steal the kid with thick glasses' lunch money.

You can do it if you want... but it makes you at least slightly lame ;).

8. R0ckets03

Since when have you been advocating love 104? 104 is like the meanest, most hateful person I have ever met in my life! ;)

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I can't imagine why Dr of Dunk kicked R0ckets03 from the chat room.

10. R0ckets03

Clutch I told you I have not been cursing in chat. Why dont you also look at some of Brian Kagys post instead of always making me a scape goat? I do let the sensors pick up on the curse words and them edited out.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Man you are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a bandwagoner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey look everybody, I am R0ckets 03 and here's what I like to say, it's either:

1) The Yankees are great and they can't do no wrong!

or

2) You are a f***ing ***hole!! You god**** son of a b****!

You really provide some compelling arguments, there. As much as I would like to respond with cuss words and derogatory name-calling, I figure it would only make me look like you, a sorry, worthless little 5 year-old brat. Because that's what you are acting like.

I would say that I feel sorry for you, but you are so far gone that's its pointless.

I used to like reading your posts and everything, but you have shown your true colors by your temper tantrums and inane posts of posting just smilies.

Here's what I suggest, because I'm not going to keep posting responses to your asinine ones:

Although I don't believe in the ignore list, I am very close of placing you on there. I will from here on out not respond to any of your Yankees s*** forever. My suggestion to everyone else would be the same:

Ignore R0ckets 03 and his Yankees posts, don't give him any attention unless he talks about something other than the Yankees.

12. R0ckets03

Damn I am going to have to go in a corner and cry like a little baby cause Manny is going to put me on his ignore list! :( :rolleyes:

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I LOVE NY

GO YANKEES

14. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Only after you...

For something that you say you don't really care about(Baseball), you sure are arguing your point 'till the end.

What's it matter to you if 03 is bandwagon fan?

And actually, by my and most other people's definition of "a bandwagon fan", he isn't.

A Bandwagon fan gives up on his team after a couple bad seasons.

Football-He still likes the Cowboys, and they suck
    Basketball-He still likes the Rockets, after two lottery seasons
    Baseball-He says he likes the Yankees...If they ever have a couple bad seasons, we will see if he really is.

15. Manny Ramirez

Look..I wouldn't jump into this argument unless you know everything and you don't.

1) 03 has admitted that he is a bandwagon fan with the Yankees

2) He and me were swiping barbs at one another in this thread and in other threads, but we have come to an understanding.

I like you and everything, but don't chime in about something unless you know the full story.

16. R0ckets03

But I am not a bandwagoner anymore! I'll prove it to you in about a hundred years. I think after the Yanks win about a hundred more consecutive championships they will finally suck. Then see if I am still in love with the Yankees. I bet I will be! :D

Thanks for having my back VJ!

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

WTF? Am I not allowed to 'chime in' either, because I don't know so-called full story? I can get enough of the story by reading the NUMEROUS freakin' packed threads about it.

Sorry, but what gives you the right to tell someone whether or not they can post their point of view in this thread? You know, the one that's currently dominating this PUBLIC board?

Anyhow, we have enough to worry about as far as bandwagoning goes. Or do we need to turn this into another thread about how empty the Compaq is? That's right, and that's the team that all of us here are fans of.

18. Manny Ramirez

Obviously, he didn't know the 2 points that I pointed out in my previous post.

This thread was essentially dead and should be.

BTW - I would really be concerned about this except I don't give a f*** about what you think about this.

I don't mean to be an ass, but you called me out.

#38 Manny Ramirez, Nov 3, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2001
  19. R0ckets03

Rokkit read Mannys signature. :cool:

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Manny, you really don't have a clue. Don't hate on me because my favorite baseball team has been kicking around the Red Sox for almost an entire century! ;)

I am the furthest thing from a bandwagon fan when it comes to the Yankees. I have been a Yankee fan for as long as I can remember. Donnie Baseball was my favorite player when I was growing up. He was my baseball idol as a kid. Knoblauch is probably my sentimental favorite because he went to my highschool and used to come practice with us in the offseason. The day he became a Yankee, I was ecstatic. Unfortunately the Yankees were not the consistent winner in the 80's that they are now, but I have always stuck by them.

So please, save your whining for next year when the yearly Red Sox heartbreak continues!

:p