1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should the Rockets sign?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Oct 25, 2015.

?

Who should the Rockets sign?

1. Larry Sanders

55 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Carlos Boozer

45 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Henry Sims

16 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. Samuel Dalembert

18 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. Reggie Evans

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Other

44 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Brewster's Millions is a highly educational film. Though based on local politics, the moral of the movie can be applied to a variety of situations.

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Why does everybody wan't Carlos Boozer? This isn't 07.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why wouldn't thjs player play? Howard played 41 games last reason (can't play b2b's and is a bit injury prone), Motie will probably miss 20+ games and will be rusty af coming off of back surgery. Some nights Jones, Capela and Harrell will be all we have, what if another big gets injured? We'd legitimately be screwed, we need front court depth, not just a leader but a player who can play. I remind you Dorsey started like 20+ games last season and got lots of playing time, and that was with Josh Smith on the roster.

Boozer is probably the best player on the FA market right now. He should be the first on everybodies want list.

4. rockets13champs

wait till march... Remember flexibilty. Smith got cut as a surprise maybe we can get another pf like that

5. rockets13champs

i can see taj gibson, henson, nene, dlee, sullinger becoming available maybe at deadline or being waived

6. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Jeff Adrien could be worth looking at

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Reliable 3rd string center. Capella is going to be great, but he like most young centers will have issues with foul trouble.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Carlos Boozer just doesn't move like he used to. His only strength now would be stretching the defense with that mid range jumper and I'm not sure that's really al we need. He's a liability on defense, not sure how much he will help. Then again this is going off my eye test from some games I saw last year.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With the hard cap implications you are basically looking at one shot at signing someone with that last roster salary spot.

If you sign someone like Adrien, you aren't just "taking a look at him".... you are taking a chance that he's the guy you want the rest of the season, and post season.

I'm not sure Adrien, who I actually like, is the best we can do all year long. You'd have to think that SOMEONE will eventually get cut loose that is an actual rotation veteran NBA big who fills in a need.

I'm also not sure that I wouldn't rather the extra million to take back salary in a trade. Essentially the hard cap really screws with the Rockets flexibility this year. There just isn't much wiggle room to "Try players out" now that the season has started, and they can't waive training camp salary.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I know right?!
    HEY GUYS PISTONS JUST WAIVED DANNY GRANGER!!!!LET'S GIT!
    Edit: & OMG BEN GORDON YALL!

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

All those guys better options than Chuck Hayes. :grin:

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Is Danny Granger healthy?

13. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

You mean Granny Danger?? :p
    I think he's been having major knee issues, and hasn't been healthy since his days in Indiana. I wouldn't mind a flyer on him. He could play some PF for us

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree with this post.....all of it. That last spot and remaining cap space is worth more to us as additional flexibility in a trade or in picking up a future buyout candidate.

IMO, we need someone we KNOW can get rotation minutes....not a player that MIGHT get minutes if someone gets hurt, ie not Dalembert, Adrien, Hayes, or Perry. We need a vet with enough left in a tank to make a meaningful impact, similar to what Livingston and Speights have done for GS and what Josh Smith did for us last year.

Also, there's absolutely no rush to do anything right now. We don't know with certainty what our needs are yet, and a key injury could change who we target.

I THINK our needs are a 3/4 that can shoot and defend. I could see someone like Marvin Williams agreeing to a buyout once Charlotte is out of contention (shouldn't take that long).

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Oh wow. I was joking about Danny Granger. He's done. We knew this since spring of 2014 when Clips tried him out. Then Miami tried him out. Then Pistons tried him out.

Hey Greg Smith failed another physical for another team. What'd'ya'll think? Worth a shot?

16. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I don't get whySanders is on the poll list. Somebody must know something that isn't public to get him on there as he literally just recently walked away from $27M to *avoid the NBA completely. Dalembert would be a nice backup if Howard is injured. Lots of good impact players on waivers right now.

#76 SuperKev, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

SPOT ON!

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This is so correct. We all know he can shoot and rebound. Just turns 34 in November. Unless drastically injured he fits the bill.

Would be perfect if we can get him.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Never thought I would ever imagine having Terry and Boozer on the Rocket's nevertheless at the same time.

The last spot has to be a veteran big that can play immediately if god forbid one of our other bigs gets injured or if DMo doesn't return soon.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Furken Aldermir got cut by the 76'ers.